Chapter Twenty-Four: T-they're All Yours

"I regret doing this." Bennett muttered under his breath.

"Aw, don't say that Bennett," Abby cooed, leaning her head against Bennett's shoulder.

Bennett scooted away, having Abby be forced to sit up correctly who frowned at this.     

If you haven't guessed it already, yes we have done it. The four- well three -outcasts of the school have been welcomed to sit in the popular table. Yes, the popular table. It has many names, the Land of No Return, Unpopular Left Behind, the Country of Perfect Toys, and of course my favorite, No Naomi Land. Yeah, they specifically made a nickname for me. But that all changes now.

I would have never dreamed of ever sitting here in this very table, surrounded by my bullies left and right. If I was ever dead caught just a few feet away from this table, I wouldn't live to tell the tale. And the same goes for anyone with a social status lower than well, the popular kids. Everyone considered not popular is instantly unpopular. So if you're caught just looking at the table- Bye, it was nice knowing you. It's every unpopular kid's dream to sit here, socializing with the cool kids instead of eating by yourself in your own table or with your fellow unpopular kids. 

I have to admit, it was weird. The only time I'm this close to popular kids is when they're either bullying me or threatening me to do their homework. I guess when choosing between brawn, beauty, and brains, they choose the first two. I was in a middle of both the whole football team, the cheerleading squad, and other popular kids. I was thankful the guys didn't dare leave my side- two of them anyway -and sat at either side of me, well Jordan sat next to Parker who sat next to me. 

Candice sighed. "Yeah, I'm like so glad you guys are here." She hugged Jordan's arm as if it was a teddy bear, and he looked torn of staying like this or chopping his arm off. I think you can guess which one he rather do.

"Yeah," his voice dripping in sarcasm, keeping a bored look. "Me too."

Candice giggled. "You do! Yay!" Then she went back to hugging Jordan's poor arm.

I couldn't help but snort at Jordan. That's what he gets when he gets sarcastic with a popular kid. They either take it literally or beat you up for it. Lucky for him, I mean unlucky for him, she took it literally. To me, I think he rather get beat up. But that's what happens when you've got yourself a little crush than a little enemy.

"Lucky you," Hannah said with a sigh, playing with her salad. "At least your guy is actually here."

What she means to say is Declan isn't here. Of course, the question is, where is Declan? He should be here, suffering as much as the guys. But as we were heading to the cafeteria, he suddenly remembered he had lunch detention. I don't know if it's a lie when he realized eating with the popular kids means the Fearsome Threesome will be there, or he actually did have lunch detention. Either way he left us to fend for ourselves.

"Don't worry," Jordan said. "We'll make him pay for not being here. We will."

Hannah smiled at the assurance. Declan wouldn't.

Everyone in the table seemed to be fine with the three of us sitting in their table. When we first came up, they all stopped talking and stared at us. I was pretty used to the treatment, people usually stare at me like I'm from another planet. But when we all took our seat, they slowly went back to their conversations, not minding us at all. I was at least expecting odd stares with their jaws agape. But they've been surprisingly... okay with us. It's just so weird with all the no bullying and normal treatment. It's a nice weird, but still weird.

Of course, I'm glad one thing never changes.

"What the hell is this?"

Everyone immediately stopped talking once again. All eyes turned to the same direction. And it turns out, the voice came from no one other than Raymond. He looked at everyone in disbelief, his tray of food in his hand. Raymond kept on looking at the table then at the other tables, probably wondering if he was at the right table. I didn't know whether to be happy that Raymond is normal or sad that he is.