Chapter Sixty-Seven: It Ruins the Flow

“I’m going to kill him,” Bennett muttered under his breath.

“You already said that,” I reminded him as I swirled the water in my glass out of boredom.

“Well then I’ll kill him, resurrect him, and then kill him again.” 

“You also already said that,” I told him.

If you haven’t figured it out already, Bennett wants to kill Bentley, not Jordan. We’ve been waiting at the restaurant Bentley told us to meet up with him for a while now. I could tell the waiter serving for us was getting annoyed when we told him we’re not ordering yet. When he came for the third-

“Are you sure you don’t want to order even appetizers?” The waiter asked us. “I know you reserved your table, but this is a very busy restaurant and we have many more customers waiting to-“

“I’ll say this again, we’re not ordering yet,” Bennett told him, not even looking at him. “We’re still waiting for someone. Once he comes, I’ll kill him, and then we’ll order.”

I shot him a glare and apologized to the waiter before he grumbled off to wait on other tables. Suddenly Bennett’s phone chimed. He took out his phone and looked at the screen.

“Is it the guys?” I asked him. “We already promised them we’ll bring them doggy bags later.”

“No, it’s Bentley,” he said, his eyebrows furrowing together. “How did he even get my number?”

“Rich people powers?” I offered. “Well, that or Jordan.”

“Now I’m going to kill him.”

This time he meant Jordan. Bennett read the message and then his eye twitched.

“What is it?”

“He says he can’t make it,” he grumbled. “He also says it seems that we’ll just have to eat dinner without him.”

He let me look at his screen. At the end of his message, Bentley was even bold enough to add, “Have fun!” Bennett muttered something under his breath about Bentley before texting back to his brother, probably a death threat.

“So will we be leaving?” I asked him.

Bennett looked at me. “Do you want to?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

He looked around and I saw he met the eyes and the pissed off waiter. “Well, we already made a reservation, we might as well eat.” He then motioned the waiter to come. “I’ll have two of the chef’s specials, thank you.”

The waiter looked like he was going to cry with us finally ordering.

I frowned. “It won’t be just a salad, would it?”

Bennett raised an eyebrow. “Of course not, I know you better than that.”

I smiled. “How much will it be?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“So I can help you pay,” I said.

“You don’t have to do that Naomi,” he assured me. “The food is-”

“Light years out of my price range,” I finished, “but I still want to help. Bentley didn’t want me to pay, actually saying that women don’t have to pay. I was obviously happy about not paying, but he didn’t have to say it like that. Now, I want to help pay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure.”

Bennett hesitated for a moment and then mumbled the price to me.