Chapter Twenty-Nine: More Like Disturbed

It was a slow day in service. In boredom, I was spinning, stupidly I may add, in the rolling office chair positioned at the front desk. I'm usually stationed at the nurse's office. But Mrs. Matthews has called in sick today. So that means I've been moved into the station I hate the most.

The main office.

You must be asking me, why do I hate the main office so much? Well, besides the bad history we had when Declan got caught hacking into one of the school computers, having me be alone with Raymond with the company of his friends (Note the sarcasm). There are other things, I don't like about it. Like one, the main office is connected to the principal's office, the lair of Principal Barnes. Two, I am forced to socialize with people. And like I said once, it's not like I'm the sociable type, people just choose not to socialize with me. And last, but least... her.

"Lorraine, not doing anything again I see," an annoying, high-pitched voice mused.

I rolled my eyes at the mere sound of that voice. "There's nothing to do, as you can see-" I said, gesturing to the empty office before me.

She stuck her nose into the air. "There are plenty of things to do to keep you busy." She said snottily.

The snotty, stucked up lady I have to put up with when stationed at the main office is Ms. Carol. Her hairstyle is way out of style, with the bobbed cut of her obviously fake colored blonde hair that is naturally black. She usually wears revealing button downs along with those business skirts, both two sizes too small. She's a tall lady who wears too high high heels to tower over people, with a skinny frame, by choice of course. You should see the lunches she packs and usually eats in the office, mostly consists of the usual salad and water. If she feels rebellious, she'd bring a chicken salad with a granola bar. And no, not one of those tasty granola bars, the ones that taste like cardboard. Calories before taste, she always says. Ms. Carol is around her mid to late 30s, though she tells people, mostly men, that she's in her late 20s, mid 20s if they're really gullible. That's why when I always say her name, I emphasize the "Ms" part to remind her that if she sticks with that attitude, she'll stay single for a very, very long time. 

I honestly don't know why the two us hate each other. Okay, maybe hate is a pretty strong word. How about, really, really, really dislike? We really, really, really dislike each other. That sounds better. I don't how the rivalry began. Maybe it started when I accidentally spilled her coffee when I first started service back in sophomore year. At freshman year, I was stupid enough to try drama, thinking that people would like me more. Yeah, that was a pretty stupid idea, after embarrassing myself in front of the whole entire school with a very complicated wire system and a little pixie dust. Not that it hasn't happened already... But maybe it started when I actually do my work while she slouches away, getting a lecture from Principal Barnes. Or maybe it's because I was caught mimicking her when I thought she wasn't looking. Either that or many other reasons, we have come to really, really, really dislike each other.

I snorted. "Oh yeah, like what?"                                      

"Reorganizing the cabinets."

"Did that."

"Filing school records."

"Did that."

"Cleaning the whole office."

"Did that."

She frowned at me, knowing that she gotten beat.

But then I paused and thought it over. "Though, there is something that I should go back to doing..."

"And what is that?" She asked.