Chapter Forty-Eight: No, Hit Me

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure you're sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure that you're-"

"Naomi, stop it!" Jordan said in exasperation. "Andre told me himself that there was no Zorro in his party."

There was a long silence.

"Are you sure?"

"I give up," Jordan said, turning back to the guys.

"Why are you fixated with this Zorro?" Bennett asked me.

I opened my mouth then closed it, trying to decide what to say. "I just knew him a while back. When he appeared, it took me by surprise."

"Who is he?" Declan demanded.

Bennett narrowed his eyes. "Did he bully you?"

"No, of course not. It's just-" I sighed. "Can we just change the topic now?"

The boys shared a look, but didn't say anything. Soon they started talking about the party last night. Parker and I decided to leave early and eat out somewhere while the guys continued partying. I don't know if Parker noticed my mood change, hopefully he didn't.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this. Him of all people just suddenly popped out of nowhere. I shook my head, I still can't believe it.

"So you don't want to eat somewhere?"

I blinked. "What?"

"I was just asking you if you wanted to eat out somewhere," Bennett told me. "But you just shook your head."

"Oh, sorry no," I said. "I have plans with Parker to go to the library. We have finals coming up now that it's November and I want to study early."

"You're choosing studying over food?" Jordan demanded. "Who are you?"

"I'm a nerd, remember?"

"But still," he whined. "It's food."

I sighed. "I know. The nerd life is a hard one."

"Hey!" Jordan said brightly. "How about we come with-"

"We should let the two of them study," Bennett cut in, looking at him.

"But you of all people know that we need the studying."

"We can always cram last minute, like we always do," Declan offered with a shrug.

Jordan was quiet then sighed. "Well, we'll bring you a doggy bag or something, Naomi." Jordan said, smiling at me.

"Next time, we'll study together, just the four of us. I promise," I told them.

"Sure, of course."

We parted ways and I met up with Parker. I didn't want to go to the school library, knowing some kids with the same idea of studying early would be there, but not want me there. I'll just go to a smaller library that no one really goes to. But I want to go there as fast as we can so we could have more time to study. Parker on the other hand had other ideas.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure you're sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure that you're-"

"Parker, I know for sure that I don't want to eat right now," I told him. "I know it's crazy but it's true. If we eat now, it'll be pointless to go to the library and study."