Chapter Forty-One: Or About to Make Out

Raymond pushed himself off the end of the lockers he was leaning against, hidden so he couldn't have been seen. A smirk was plastered on his face, making me want to wipe it off his face so badly.

"Long enough."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "How much did you hear?"

"Enough."

He was being curt with his answers. He heard everything, he heard it all. He strode over to me, taking his time to intimidate me. But I stood my ground. I wasn't going to run away. Not here, not now. And I knew he couldn't hurt me. No one can.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at practice?" I asked him, referring that he should be in Coach Douglass's class doing five laps given he's on the football team.

"I think I'm coming down with Spattergroit, was it?" He mused at me. "I was coming late to class when I saw you leaving with Parker. They told me about that stupid made up disease you made and I told I got the symptoms too."

I tsked at this, looking away. But Raymond grabbed my chin and made him look at me.

I swatted his hand away. "What are you doing here Raymond?" I demanded.

"I should be asking you the same thing," he said. "What would happen if the school's nerd gets caught actually ditching class?"

"I'm not ditching class," I snapped. "And don't call me that. I'm not the school's nerd. Not anymore"

"Oh Naomi," Raymond said, shaking his head. "You'll always be the school nerd. You'll always be Nerdy Naomi, that's who you are. You'll always be my nerd," he said, leaning close to me.

Yeah, about that standing my ground thing? Never mind about that. I took a step back, leaning away from him.

"Now, I've been hearing this thing about you and Parker..."

"Yeah, what about it?" I said, straightening myself from the new found confidence.

He backed up and narrowed his eyes at him. "That the two of you are together."

Now it was my turn to smirk. "Yeah, it's true."

I was expecting him to give me glare, followed by a huge tantrum of how we shouldn't be together. How it's impossible for an unpopular and popular kid, a nerd and a jock, the bullied and bully can never be together. But he didn't do any of that. The lips that were supposed to frown instead turned to a smug smile.

"It's not going to last."

I blinked. "Excuse me?"

"The two of you are not going to last."

"Yes, we will," I argued. "We're going to- Why am I even arguing you about this? How would you know? Why would you care?"

"It's only because it's common sense," Raymond explained to me. "The two of you are too different, it was never meant to be. Don't be blind Naomi-" he tapped the rim of my glasses "-And you can't forget that he's your bully. That's just as weird if we were together, don't you think? But I didn't know that was your type though, you should have told me."

I ignored the last part. But I didn't say anything, I didn't bother denying it.

"What you have now will last for what? A couple more weeks? A month or two? And I only care because I don't want to see my little Naomi crying over a broken heart."

"You have, but it was more of a broken arm."

He chuckled then tipped my glasses down. His dark brown eyes were staring at mine. He wrinkled his nose, smirking at me.