Chapter Thirty-Seven: I Have Something to Tell You

"Say it Parker."

"Do I really have to?"

"Yes, now say it."

"Really, right now? Can't it wait?"

"It's only three words and eight letters."

"That's a lot of combinations. It could be anything."

"Parker, just say it and I'm yours."

He looked at me in the eyes making me stop breathing. Time seemed to stop between the both of us. It was as if this moment could have lasted for an eternity when really it was mere seconds. Then he said it.

"I buy food."

I sighed. "You know me so well. Now c'mon, I'm starving."

I grabbed his hand and we began to walk towards the food trucks. After we ditched the car, and no we didn't go on a police car chase and had to ditch the car and go on foot. It was close though with Bennett and his Mercedes-Benz but we lost him. No, Parker parked the car and paid the parking meter for a couple hours and then we were off. We've been walking for a while until I got pretty hungry given I slept until noon and skipped breakfast. It wasn't until we found a whole line of food trucks for lunch time.

"So what do you want to eat?" Parker asked me. "There are a lot of choices."

"I know," I said. "It's so awesome!"

He grinned at me. "Well, it's on me. So pick to your heart's desire."

"You mean stomach's desire."

"Same thing."

"Yeah, that's true."

We wandered around, hopping from one food truck to other, looking at the menus and prices. Finally I decided to have roast beef sandwich with a triple cheese chili fries and some soda.

"Huh, a big order for a small girl," the cook noted as he took my order.

I snorted. "This is nothing. I've been banned to two buffets for a whole month. I guess even buffets have a limit."

The cook winked at Parker. "You got some girlfriend over there, boy."

"S-she's not my girlfriend."

"Oh? Well, I hope that'll change because you two-"

"Here's a twenty," I said as I took out my own money, interrupting him. "You can keep the change if you go make my order now."

Cook shook his head. "Whatever you say miss." He took the money and went to make my order.

Parker frowned. "I thought you wanted me to pay."

"Nah, it's alright." I told him as I grabbed myself a can of soda. "I was just kidding anyway, I could pay for myself."

"But I wanted to pay."

"Yeah, I wanted to pay too." I raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong? Shouldn't you be happy you're not a couple bucks poorer?"

"Naomi, I wanted to pay for your food, you should have let me."

"Parker, you don't have to. And besides, it's not like you're my boyfriend."

"Yeah but-"

"Here ya go miss, a roast beef sandwich and triple cheese chili fries. I put in some extra chili just for you."

I grinned. "Thanks!"

I took my order as Parker got his own roast beef sandwich. I couldn't wait any longer and I took a big bite of the sandwich and used the fork to get some of the fries. It's magically delicious!