Amazon Prime x Wattpad "Panic" Campaign Bonus Chapter (2021)

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

______________________

Carp, Texas. From the moment you were born, you were trapped to walk circles along its unpaved roads, never given the chance to walk off. Every day you wake up wanting to escape, feeling lost in this tedious cycle, but how could you be lost in a small town where nothing happens? It was a town where you know everyone and their business, but even that was not enough to bring a spark of life to this place. It was the dead end. The last stop. In the middle of nowhere, you will find Carp.

Like every small town, there are people with big dreams, hoping to find a way, any way, to escape. But there is one thing in Carp that gave such an opportunity, a secret whispered amongst its residents to be free. However, it wasn't an open, welcoming hand to pull you from the clutches of Carp. You had to crawl out, scraping your bloody fingernails against the dirt. You scream without a voice, crying for help knowing that no one would because they were struggling themselves.

It was brutal. It was terrifying.

It was Panic.

- - - -

Naomi Lorraine

It was the same old song.

The clang of the lockers when shoved against them. The snickers and giggles as they watched. The fading taps of their shoes as they walked away.

If only that song stopped being stuck in her head.

As she waited for the ringing in her ears, ignoring the whispers of students as they passed by, she closed her eyes.

There was no future for her here. There was no future in Carp. She had believed she and her family were lucky, just scraping by enough to be okay. But that until her father was laid off after being replaced by someone younger at the warehouse, leaving her and her mother the only ones keeping the family afloat. 

If she were to stay in Carp, she would be stuck being a cashier struggling through minimum wage. Maybe that fate wouldn't be so bad if it also meant she would be trapped with her bullies in this same small town, having to face them every day until she died. 

Having worked at the same job since she was 16, she already knows the slice of what she will experience for the rest of her life. The accidents they made and the new ones that appeared as she cleaned up the mess. The conversations they said aloud to each other as if she was thin air. Even the obvious shoplifting that they knew she couldn't even speak up about or else they'll meet her behind the store after her shift.

It was only a matter of time things will get worse and her bullies will force her, either physically or blackmail, to give them the stocks of prescriptions from the pharmacy. With an end like that, there really will be no hope for her if she stays in Carp.