Ice Princess Chapter 9

Umalis din agad si Alyx pagkatapos nilang mag-usap. Doon lang nakahinga nang maluwag si Zaida. Ngayon lang niya naranasan na makipag-usap nang masinsinan tungkol sa matagal na niyang tinatagong damdamin.

It feels awkward, but it got a load off my chest.

Zaida found herself spending a longer time in the shower just thinking about him. She wondered if ever he'll drop by, she might face him wearing nothing but a towel.

Oh no, stop! She silently scolded herself. Ayoko siyang madaliin. Just let it happen when it's meant to be. I can't believe I'm thinking of such thoughts. Iba talaga ang tama ko.

Zaida grinned to herself as she rinsed off her vanilla-musk scented body wash. When she was done, she dried off with a large towel, which she wrapped around her. She used another towel for her dripping hair, which was tied at the bottom of her head.

She went to her room and hummed while getting dressed. She picked an emerald green wrap dress and blow-dried her hair, which was straight and went past her shoulders.

Ilulugay ko muna ito, para maiba naman.

She smiled at herself in the mirror as she did her make-up. It was nothing too heavy, just bb cream, loose face powder, some eyeshadow, and pink matte lip cream.

Wow, as if naman magde-date ulit kami. Ayain ko kaya? No, let him make the first move. Wait, let me check my online notifs.

Kinuha ni Zaida ang kanyang mobile phone sa ibabaw ng dresser at binuksan ang data.

Sakto lang na kakapadala ni Luis ng mensahe.

From Luis Moran:

Gising ka na? Let's have lunch.

Napangiti si Zaida. She took a selfie and then sent it to him.

From Zaida Herrera:

Lunch date? Sunduin mo na ako.

Nakita ni Zaida ang "heart eyes reaction" ni Luis sa kanyang selfie.

Aba, excited ata si Ma'am! Sige papunta na ako diyan. In ten minutes.

Sure, see you!

Ito ang huling pinadalang mensahe ni Zaida kay Luis.

Kinuha niya ang handbag sa may sabitan sa likod ng pintuan. Sa living room na siya naghintay, at bago pa mag-sampung minuto, may ring na ng doorbell sa labas.

Zaida sprinted to the door and opened it. Her smile was priceless the moment she met his gaze.

"Hi," ika niya.

"Uy, bihis na bihis ah!" Ngumiti rin si Luis at halata ang kanyang paghanga.

He was dressed in a collared shirt and dark jeans. Zaida secretly thought he looked so good, kahit simple lang ito manamit.

"Shall we go?" Hindi maitago ni Zaida ang kanyang kasabikan.

"Halika na!"

Zaida turned off the lights in her unit and went out. She locked the door and walked slowly alongside Luis.

"Saan pala tayo magtatanghalian?"

Luis took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"May alam akong lugar. Sumama ka na lang."