Ice Princess Chapter 5

"What, we're going to dance?!"

Zaida looked bewildered the moment they entered a bar with a huge dance floor

Zaida looked bewildered the moment they entered a bar with a huge dance floor. Matatagpuan ito sa kabilang hotel, at ngayong gabi ay may live band na tumutugtog.

Upbeat music was playing, with people reveling to the tune of this melody. Iba-ibang klaseng tao ang makikita sa dance floor, from Caucasian ladies grinding their hips, hotel workers in their  uniforms, to middle-aged men still in their business suits.

There was a bar on the side, where a barista mixed drinks. There were people seated on the counter. Luis led Zaida to another corner,  with a space for tables and chairs. He chose a table for two, na naging pwesto nila malayo sa dance floor.

The moment they sat, a waiter approached them. Hinayaan ni Zaida na umorder si Luis.

"Maybe you like something to drink?" tanong niya.

"Cocktail mix, the one for ladies," she said.

"Sige, one cocktail mix, and one beer for me."

Agad umalis ang waiter, at bumalik din ito na dala ang orders nila. Zaida sipped her pink cocktail. Sa kaingayan ng lugar, hindi ideal dito ang heart-to-heart talks.

As if may pag-uusapan sila.

Wala silang naging imikan, except for small talks about Luis and his work. Zaida let him do the talking.

Sa kalagitnaan ng kanilang pag-inom, tumigil na ang live band, at nagpatugtog na ng playlist ang DJ.

"Tonight, let's forget all our problems and dance! We're now playing the best of party sounds from the early 2000s. Enjoy!"

Nagsimula nang tumugtog ang isang dance song. Tumayo si Luis at sinabing, "Halika!"

"We're going to dance?" Zaida was apprehensive at the thought of it.

"Sabi ko sa iyo, kalimutan mo muna mga problema mo at enjoy!"

Luis gently gripped her hand, and Zaida just gave in as he led her to the middle of the dance floor.

Masayang nagsasayawan ang mga tao sa paligid nila. Balewala kung tama ba ang dance steps nila o hindi. Ang importante ay nag-e-enjoy sila.

Noong una ay nahihiyang sumayaw si Zaida. Luis taught her a few basic moves, like raising the arms a few times, rotating the hands, and doing the v-sign sidewards alternately.

In no time, she learned to play along with the melody, together with the change in music.

I fell in love with you
The moment that we met
And 'til the end of time
I never will forget
I lose it every time I'm close to you
Under your spell you know there's nothing I can do

Sa puntong ito, nakakasabay na si Zaida kay Luis. She can't help but smile.

"Corny mo sumayaw!" biro niya.

"Para lang ikaw!" Natawa si Luis at inikot niya si Zaida. She lost her balance, pero agad siyang nasapo nito habang nakahawak sa kanyang baywang.

Zaida felt her cheeks heat up as she stared into his eyes. She bit her lip and gestured for him to help her on her feet. The moment she got back, siya na ang nagtuloy ng sayaw habang pinapanood din ang ibang mga tao sa dance floor.

Please stay, my babe
Who knows when we'll dance again
No matter what to no regret
I'll do all that I can just to get you
To stay, my babe...

Nagpatuloy lang si Zaida sa pagsasayaw at inisip niya na wala lang ang nangyari kanina.

Nag-iba si Luis ng step at hinawakan ang parehong kamay ni Zaida, habang itinataas nila ang kanilang mga braso. Naalala ito ni Zaida na dance step ng El Bimbo.

Who knows when we'll dance again
And I don't want to say goodbye
But who knows where we'll be after tonight...

Hindi na namalayan ng dalaga na magkayakap na sila ng kanyang kasayaw. Nadala na siya sa saliw ng musika, at walang takot na niyang inilapit ang mukha kay Luis.

Zaida felt her heart beat faster. She wanted to break free and run away. But she remained glued to her spot, locked in his arms.

She placed her arms around his neck and looked up at him. In the midst of the music, she closed her eyes. Then she felt his lips slowly pressing against her own.

At this very moment, Zaida let go of all her inhibitions and she returned his kiss with a deeper one.

Only then she realized, it was the moment she waited for so long, ever since she left Earth two years ago.

She never thought she would live to experience this moment.

And now, she can't let go of it.

(To be continued)

A/N:

Ito talaga theme song ko kay Luis at Zaida. Been listening to this for a week, at nang maalala ko mga FCs ko dito, ayaw na ko patahimikin ng ideas.

Lines from "Please Stay", sung by Kylie Minogue (from her album Light Years)

Songwriters: Julian Gallagher / Kylie Ann Minogue / Richard Frederick Stannard / John Themis

Please Stay lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, Words & Music A Div Of Big Deal Music LLC, BMG Rights Management, Songtrust Ave