21st Star: Final Decision

"Alyx, I missed you so much."

"Me too dad."

Isang mahigpit na yakap ang sumalubong kay Alyx mula sa kanyang ama. Pagkatapos ng sampung taon ay ngayon lang sila nagkita. Doleer Sidew have been living the life of a wealthy businessman in Macau along with the man who rescued him from prison back in Kerle, Ziv Lehun. Ziv made it appear that Doleer killed him, but the truth is, they escaped and flew all the way to Planet Earth.

"You've grown so much, my princess. How is life here on Earth?" Tanong sa kanya ni Doleer, or Dominic See.

"It was fairly good. Zaida took care of me well." Tinignan ni Alyx si Zaida and she flashed a tiny smile at her.

"Was she a pain to be with, Miss Niraan?" Tanong ni Doleer kay Zaida.

"Okay lang siya. I mean, she was okay. She's done with school here."

"I got angry at Zaida. I thought she and Ziv have an evil plan," pagsisisi ni Alyx.

"That's impossible!" Tawa ni Doleer. "Zaida Niraan is my most loyal bodyguard and right-hand woman. I guess she deserves to be rewarded. In return, I would like to treat both of you to dinner tonight. But before that, we have to go shopping," galak na tawa nito.

"Shopping?!" Gulat na sambit ni Alyx.

"In a few days, I will have a press conference and introduce you as my legal heir. Since nobody here will believe we're aliens," Doleer chuckled.

"Do I have to come with you?" Tanong ni Zaida.

"Of course! You'll be introduced as her adoptive sister! Let's just say you took care of her even if you have different fathers, but the same mother." assured na sagot ni Doleer.

"So it makes your fictional mother appear like she went out with Doleer and an imaginary guy at the same time." Natawa si Ziv sa naiisip.

"That's more believable than telling the whole of Macau that we're aliens! You're both using Herrera as a last name, right?"

"That's why I'm not using See," ika ni Alyx.

"It's so complicated!" Natawa na lang si Doleer. "Wait, I'll have the car prepared."

Naupo sila Alyx at Zaida sa sofa habang nag-serve si Ziv ng peanut biscuits at iced tea from the ref sa loob ng opisina. In a short while, natapos din ang merienda. They used a secret elevator inside Doleer's office para makababa sa ground parking.

May itim na limousine na naghihintay sa kanila.

"It's a limo!" Manghang-mangha si Alyx nang sumakay siya sa loob. Tumabi sa kanya si Zaida habang naupo sa harapan nila sila Ziv at Doleer. Magkaharap ang upuan sa loob ng limo at gawa sa leather ang seat coverings.

Along the way, Ziv poured glasses of red wine and they did a toast. Nakarating din sila sa kanilang pupuntahan, na isang luxury hotel mall.

Dinala sila ni Doleer sa isang luxury brand na boutique. Kailangan nilang pumili ng isusuot para sa gaganaping presscon in a few days. Di makapili si Alyx ng isusuot. Zaida picked a dress for her, which was a white lace off-shoulder dress. Alyx liked it the moment she fitted it, and in return, siya naman ang pumili ng damit kay Zaida.

"Try mo ito." She showed Zaida a plain black mid-length dress with an assymetrical shoulder.

"Too sexy!" She gasped.

"Ayaw mo iyon, gusto ko makita ka ni Sir Luis na ganyan ang get-up!"

"Kinikilig ka na naman. Siguro di ka na galit sa akin."

"Oo na, bati na tayo! Isukat mo na kasi!"

Nagpunta sa fitting room si Zaida at paglabas niya, suot na niya ang dress na napili ni Alyx. Hinila ni Zaida ang suot.

"Ang sexy nito masyado," reklamo niya.

"Bagay sa iyo! Wait until Sir Luis sees that!" Pumalakpak si Alyx sa excitement.

"Oo na, ito na pipiliin ko para matahimik ka!" Pumasok ulit si Zaida ng dressing room.

Alyx felt at ease again with Zaida. Di na ito galit sa kanya.

But she has something new to worry about.

Will she be able to manage the hotel?

And makakabalik pa kaya ang kanyang ama at si Zaida after going to Kerle for a big combat?

She reminded herself not to worry. For now, she's thankful to be with her dad once again, kahit pansamantala lang.

---

Doleer treated them out to dinner at a a Spanish resto. Magaan lang ang kanilang naging usapan. Masayang natapos ang gabi at bumalik na rin sila sa hotel.

Zaida went off by herself while Alyx decided to stay with her dad in his office.

"I have decided to replace your position here. I know it's only temporary. Please make sure to solve the problem in Kerle so people there will live peacefully."

Doleer took her hand. "It's a promise. Remember that I promised we will see each other again?"

Tumango si Alyx.

"I trust you both and Ate Zaida."

"What do you plan to do afterwards?"

Nanahimik si Alyx.

"I don't want to think that this will be again the last time we'll talk to each other."

She hugged her dad.

"I know you'll do great whatever happens. You have it in you, my child."

Ngumiti sa kanya si Doleer.

The future felt uncertain. But there's always hope that things will turn out for the best.