Chapter 12 'Movies'

Wesley's POV

Laney and I have been dating for almost two months now. She's so adorable, and I fall for her more and more each day. I hope she feels the same way about me still, because she hasn't 'opened up to me' yet, like Sammy said she would if she fell for me. Maybe she just needs time. A couple months isn't that long.
I decided to text her and ask her if she wanted to go to the movies and dinner, since we haven't had a date in awhile.

Me- Hey cutie, are you busy? She responded almost immediately.

LaneLane- I'm shopping with my mom right now, why?

Me- I was just wondering if you'd want to go to the movies and dinner tonight.

LaneLane- Oh, sure! What time? I'll hurry and get back if you want to go soon.

Me- No, don't worry! Around 7! I wanna get a couple waves in anyways :)

LaneLane- Okay, see you then, cutie ;)

I put my phone up and decided to go to the beach. I was on my way there and I saw Carly. I tried to avoid her, but she wasn't going to let that happen.

"Wesley!" She called walking fast towards me. I turned and started going the other way but she caught up with me.

"Hey Wes! What's the hurry?" She asked nosily.

"I gotta shred some before 6," I replied trying to walk away.

"Why? What's at 6?" She stopped me again.

"I have a date," I answered pushing past her.

"With who? Is it that Laney chick you've been spending time with for so long?" She nosily said getting in my face.

"Yes, it is. We're dating, now if you don't mind, I'd like to leave," I said through gritted teeth. She rolled her eyes walking away. I waxed my board and got everything ready before going and catching some waves. I had just caught a huge one and decided to take a break for a little bit. I saw someone watching me as I got closer to the shore. I smiled when I realized it was Laney. She smiled up at me when I got to her.

"Hey babe, why are you here?" I asked plopping in the sand next to her.

"I figured you would still be here, and I like watching you surf. It gives me a chance to look at your butt in that wetsuit," she winked giggling.

"Oh, is that so? Maybe that's why I like watching you surf too," I teased.

"Whatever, I don't have anything to see," she chuckled.

"I beg to differ," I chuckled back. She just rolled her eyes playfully.

"You still wanna go to that movie?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course," she answered. We watched the ocean for a little longer and then we decided to go around 5:30.

"Wanna get some ice cream?" I asked getting in the drivers seat of my car.

"Yeah, ice cream sounds really good," she said. I drove to this really nice small ice cream shop around the block. We walked in and looked at all the choices.

"I'll have cookies and cream in a cup please," Laney piped up while getting money out of her pocket. I quickly slapped my money down on the counter before she could and she glared at me.

"I'll have the same," I chuckled as the cashier took my money.

"Wesley Trent, I'm paying you back, or I'm paying for our movie and dinner tonight," she muttered to me.