Chapter 49 'Big Day!'

Laney's POV

I can't believe the day is already here. It came so fast! Today is the day I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl, and now it's finally coming true. Wesley wasn't allowed to stay with me last night for some stupid marriage reasons, so that was kind of a bummer, but at least it kept us from talking about it. Sometimes, well most of the time, Wesley and I get too deep into conversation and then we have doubts. And I don't want anyone to have doubts about today because I know I don't. I love Wesley with all my heart, and I would do anything for him.

"Laney! We need to hurry to the venue to get you ready! Come down and eat something," my mom hollered up the stairs. I just got finished getting a shower, so I laid back down for a little bit. I perked up out of bed and happily walked down the stairs. My mom had already set out a muffin for me to eat.

"Thanks mom," I cheered.

"I can't believe my baby is getting married today. Your dad is so proud of you. He's been talking about walking you down the aisle this whole month," my mom gushed. She even started to get tears in her eyes. I can't say I wasn't expecting lots of tears today because to be completely honest, I might even let out a couple. I know my mom will. She's an emotional woman, and she cried when I graduated.

"Let's get going," I lightly chuckled. "Wait! Do the guys need anything for Trent? Should I bring some extra diapers or something?" Trent is with Keaton and Tyler, and they aren't the most responsible guys.

"Laney the only person you need to worry about today is yourself. We have Trent handled, and I'm sure they would tell us if they did need something," my mom insisted. She rushed me out the door and locked my house up for me. We drove to the venue and Laraine was waiting there for me to help me get ready, along with a friend of hers that's doing my hair.

"Let's get started with your makeup!" Laraine said excitedly. They picked and painted my face until it was exactly how I wanted it. I didn't even recognize myself. I haven't worn this much makeup in a long time. I liked this look though.

"Ashley is going to do your hair," Laraine said. "I told her just how you want it." Laraine and my mom stood back while Ashley went to work. She pulled and tugged at my hair. She put it in the most perfect loose curls. It's exactly how I imagined my hair. When she finished curling my hair, she pinned it up into a swirly bun, letting some curls hang out. It look gorgeous. She finished it off with a flowered hair piece that my mom wore in her wedding.

"Okay! We've got a little under an hour! Lets slip this dress onto you," my mom instructed as butterflies in my stomach started to form. In a little less than an hour I'm going to be walking down the aisle with my dad. This is so crazy, and I'm so excited to see Wesley.

"Let me zip that up," Laraine insisted as I held the dress close to my chest to keep it from falling. It's strapless, that's why it could fall. She zipped it up and I stared at myself in the mirror. I don't even know what to think right now. So many thoughts and emotions are running through my head.

"My baby is so grown up," my mom cried. She wrapped me up in her arms and gave me the tightest hug. I felt her tears fall onto my shoulder as she cried.

"Mom, you're going to make me cry," I sniffled.

"I'm sorry-" she sniffled, pulled away. "You just look so beautiful, and I can't believe this day is here already," she finished. A couple minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Laney, it's time," my dad smiled. He was all cleaned up looking nice in his tux. My mom and Laraine left the room to go find their seats in the church.

"Laney, I just wanted to tell you I'm so proud of you. You chose a good man, and I couldn't be happier for you. This is one of the hardest things I've ever done, giving my little girl to another man, but he makes you very happy, so I like him. I love you very much Lane, and I'm so extremely proud of you," my dad said.