Chapter 32 'New Years Kiss?'

Wesley's POV

Everyone got up here yesterday since today is New Years Eve. They're staying in a hotel around the block somewhere, but I'm still staying with Laney. I don't even want to think of leaving tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to do it.

"Laney, babe, you ready?" I called from the main room of her apartment. She was still in the bathroom getting ready. We are meeting her family, Drew, Keaton, Taylor, Matt, and even Sabrina tagged along, for lunch before going to Times Square. Keaton bought Sabrina a plane ticket to come since Laney didn't know about her until Christmas.

"Just a second! Putting on my makeup!" Why doesn't she realize she doesn't need it. She looks so perfect without it.

"You don't need it," I yelled back. I heard her grunt and could see her roll her eyes in my head. She always did it, it was like a habit. She looked cute when she did it though. She finally walked out and smiled at me.

"I really love you," she sighed attaching herself to me. I rubbed her back soothingly knowing she was thinking about me leaving tomorrow morning.

"Baby, I know it's going to be hard," I started, but the tears were already streaming from her face. I hate seeing her beautiful soul cry.

"I'm sorry, just give me a minute," she whispered while trying to catch her tears.

"It's okay, let it out, let it out while I'm here to comfort you. I don't want you to be like this when I leave."

"I'm gonna ruin my makeup," she laughed through tears. I lifted her chin up and gave her my million dollar smile. I gave her a small peck on the lips and wiped her remaining tears.

"Let's go before they eat without us," I chuckled earning a small smile from her. We walked hand in hand out of her apartment.

"Laney! Hi! I thought you were the only one!" A tall blonde was hollering at us as we walked down the stairs.

"Oh, Hi Avery, I am the only one, he's leaving back home tomorrow," she answered sniffling up a bit. I gave her a reassuring rub on the lower back.

"Oh! Nice to meet you, uh?"

"Wesley," I answered shaking her hand.

"I've got to run for work! See you around," Avery smiled.

"What was that about?" I muttered in Laney's ear as we continued down the stairs.

"She was at the door yesterday," she laughed.

We went to the parking lot and I hopped in the drivers seat of her car. She handed me the keys and I tried to find the restaurant as best as I could. The traffic was so terrible. I don't know how Laney will be able to do this. It's worse than LA! I was growing impatient waiting at a cross section when Laney giggled at me and rested her hand on my thigh.

"Calm down Wes, we'll make it," she said soothingly. I lightened up a bit. We finally got there, but we were last of course. Everyone was sitting at a huge table that looked like about three pushed together. Laney took a seat by Matt, so I ended up by her dad.

"What took you two so long?" her dad questioned.

"Traffic," we answered at the same time.

"What time is your flight tomorrow Wesley?" Mike asked out of the blue, but quiet enough so only I would hear.

"Noon I'm pretty sure, why?"

"Well, mine is that night at ten, so I was wondering if you would want to, uh, switch me?"

"Oh no, I couldn't do that Mr. Lewis," I rejected.

"Wesley she needs you. Just stay please. You make my daughter so happy. Plus I have work I need to do back home," he pleaded assuringly.