Chapter 46 'Magic Touch'

Laney's POV

We got to bring Trent home a week ago, and things have been crazy. It's so different, and there are definitely tons of responsibilities. We're learning day by day how hard it is, but we're managing. Wesley is just in awe with Trent. He never wants to leave him alone. It's actually really cute.

"I think this is the first time he's been completely quiet for two hours," I chuckled tiredly.

"Yeah, he's been sleeping a lot today. He's so tiny I feel like every time I pick him up I'm going to hurt him," Wesley said.

"Maybe I should-" I was cut off by a loud cry from upstairs.

"I got it," Wesley assured while taking off up the stairs. I slowly trudged up behind him. I was peeking through the crack of the open door to the nursery. Wesley did an amazing job on it. I finally got to see it, but it wasn't until we actually got to bring Trent home. He was softly playing his guitar and singing a little rhyme in the rocking chair by his crib. It was adorable. I secretly took a little video through the crack. I smiled at how Trent instantly stopped crying and was amazed by Wes.

"Hey little guy, your mom has been so stressed lately. Do you think you could take it a little easy on her and not be so needy," Wesley chuckled teasingly. I heard a little giggle escape Trent's mouth, making Wesley smile. When Trent calmed down, Wes put his guitar away and kissed Trent's head before heading towards the door. I tried to make it look like I wasn't watching, but I'm sure he knew I was.

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"You're so good with him, I couldn't get him to stop crying that fast," I complained jokingly.

"I've got the magic touch," he winked.

"Mind sharing some?"

"Maybe later." We walked back downstairs and heard someone knocking on the door. I opened it and didn't expect to see Sammy standing on the porch.

"Hey Sam! What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to see my little nephew, and plus Mom wants you two to go over and do wedding planning, so I'm gonna watch him."

"He just fell back asleep," I sighed.

"Do you not trust me?"

"No, I trust you, it's just really hard to get him back to sleep when he starts crying."

"I'll manage, you two kids get out of here."

"His formula is in the fridge if he does wake up, and there are diapers in the nursery, also wipes and whatever, and make sure you check on him every hour or so just to be safe," I instructed.

"Got it, I'll call you if I need anything," he assured. Wesley and I drove over to my parents house.

"Is it bad that I'm scared to leave him home away from me? I trust Sammy, but I don't like being away from him," I nervously stated to Wesley as we pulled into my parents' driveway.

"It's completely normal Lane. I'm scared to leave him too. Everything will be okay, it's only for a little while," he reminded.

"I hope so," I nervously chuckled. We walked inside and Laraine and my mom were at the kitchen table with papers sprawled out everywhere.

"Okay, we've got some ideas for the venue," my mom excitedly said. She showed us tons of pictures she had printed out. They were all so beautiful, but I think I know what one I want.

"What about this one? It's so pretty, and it'd be great for how many people we're having," I pleadingly said to Wesley.

"If that's what you want, it's okay with me," he chuckled.