Chapter 18 'Don't Hate Me'

Laney's POV

We got home a couple days ago from the Bahamas. It was fun while it lasted. I was so happy to spend that time with my family and boyfriend.

I was so tired yesterday all I did was slept. I slept in until noon today as well. It was 1:00, and I felt like going to the skatepark. I hadn't been able to skate all week, and I was dying to get back on my board. I pulled my long brown hair up into a ponytail and threw on my vans. I shot Keaton a quick text asking if he wanted to go.

Keaton- Sure, I'll meet you there!

I grabbed my board and skated to the skate park. I saw Keaton sitting on a bench waiting for me. As soon as he saw me, his face lit up. He dropped his board and ran towards me.

"Laney! I missed you so much!" He said squeezing me in a tight embrace.

"Awe Keaters I missed you too!" I said squeezing him back. We went and skated around doing tricks and having competitions and stuff. It was really fun, like the first day I met him. I stood back and watched as he showed off by skating while doing a handstand.

"Wow you're real talented Keats," I giggled at him. He jumped off and landed on his feet grinning at me. I tried to show off and do some cool tricks but I ended up falling when I tried to get the rail. Keaton held his hand out to help me up, and like the first day I met him, he pulled me into his chest. We collided and laughed. He was looking into my eyes and I got this warm tingly feeling in my stomach. We stared at each other for awhile, like we were looking into each other's souls. The whole time I kept thinking that warm feeling in my stomach.

"We should, um, go get some lunch or something?" I broke our gazing and he nodded while snapping his head away from me quickly. We skated to his house and he invited me in to eat. It appeared that no one else was home, so it was just us.

"Where is everyone? Your house is dead," I joked.

"Well my mom got called in for work, Drew, who's usually here, hasn't showed up today, and Wesley rushed out of the house this morning without saying anything to anyone." He put some food in the microwave and sat down next to me at the bar.

"Oh, that's weird. I haven't seen him since we got home. You don't think..." I said nervously. I didn't want to think he was cheating on me, but there's always that possibility.

"Laney, don't worry about it. He's probably with Drew or something. He's been working a lot on our music and our upcoming tour." Upcoming tour? What is he talking about?

"Upcoming tour?" Keaton's face went blank.

"Wesley never told you?" He asked clearly confused. He then face palmed himself. "Shit." He muttered.

"Keaton what the hell? Why wouldn't he tell me something as important as this? How long have you known?"

"About four weeks. We leave in less than a month."

"I'm so proud of you guys. I just wish my boyfriend would tell me stuff like this."

"Don't tell him I told you please. He will kill me! I thought you already knew so I-"

"I won't tell him. But if he doesn't tell me very soon, I'm gonna bring it up." Keaton grabbed the food out of the microwave when he heard it beep. He set it in between us and we started eating our pizza rolls.

We finished up and sat down to watch TV. I heard the door open and shut. I looked back and saw Wesley. He snapped his head towards us and walked straight up the stairs when his eyes met mine.

"Okay?" I said to myself more than Keaton.

"He's probably tired. Go talk to him," Keaton encouraged. I got up and trudged up the stairs after him. I knocked on his door slightly and there was no answer. I opened it a creak to see him sitting on the edge of his bed with his back towards me. I walked over to him slowly and sat down next to him. He flinched when I tried to touch him.