Chapter 7 'What Are You Doing Here?'

Laney's POV

I woke up in someone's arms, and all of last nights events rushed back to me. I smiled up seeing Keaton and wiggled out of his grip. I got up and went to the bathroom. I fixed up my hair a little bit so it wasn't crazy. I brushed my teeth and went back out to my open room. Keaton was still sleeping peacefully so I went downstairs. No one was up yet, or home yet. I don't know, and honestly don't care. It's nice when no ones here.

I threw some frozen waffles into the toaster and put some sausage in the microwave. I was putting it on plates for Keaton and me when I heard someone trudging down the stairs. I looked up to see a sleepy Keaton walking like a zombie to me.

"Well good morning sleepyhead," I giggled sliding him a plate. He sat down in front of it and rubbed his eyes before he started eating. His eyes still had that tired scrunched up look in them.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked after shoving waffle into my mouth.

"Yeah," He said in a scratchy morning voice. "You?"

"Yeah, I slept fantastic," I cheered. He chuckled at my childishness and continued eating.

We finished eating and I washed the dishes. Still, no one was up so we decided to go to the beach. I drove Keaton home first, so he could get his stuff. I walked in with him and waited for him. I heard him talking in the next room as I was standing there by the door. I didn't want to be nosy, but I slowly peeked around the corner to see who he was talking to.

"So you stayed at her house? Like with her?" I heard Wesley ask, his voice full of sadness.

"Yeah, look Wes, I'm sorry. She wanted me to, nothing happened," he whispered.

"I guess that means she doesn't like me?" Wes said.

"Don't say that Wesley, you know you always get the girls. If you like her I guess just talk to her about it. I think she might feel the same way," he said in kind've an annoyed voice. I heard someone shuffling around so I quickly went back to my spot by the door. Wesley walked out and looked up at me. He gave me a slight smile and turned the other way.

"Wesley wait!" I called as he was heading up the stairs.

"Yeah Laney?" He instantly stopped and turned towards me, eyes full of hope.

"You wanna go to the beach with us?" I asked.

"Sure, let me grab some stuff," he said softly and turned back to go to his room. He came down seconds later, coming over to the door where Keats and I were already waiting. We walked out to my car and I drove to the beach. Keaton sat in the back, so I felt kind've awkward. It's not that I don't like Wesley, I just don't know my feelings for him yet, if there are any. Who am I kidding? Who can't have even some feelings for a guy like him? I just need some time to sort my mind out. We arrived at the beach and hopped out of the car.

I grabbed my stuff from my trunk, including my board, sunglasses, towel, and wax. Keaton and Wesley grabbed their boards they put in the back too. We walked to a secluded spot where no one was. Wesley wouldn't stop staring at me after I took my over clothes off revealing my body. It was making me very self conscious. I ignored it and waxed my board along with them both.

Finally we hit the waves, and it was so amazing to feel the rush again. I missed it so much. I was sitting bobbing up and down on my board waiting for another wave when Wes came up beside me.

"Damn Lane, you're good," he breathed out chuckling. I smiled, never hearing him call me that until now.

"You're not too bad yourself Stromberg," I smirked as I watched Keaton catch another wave. I was watching Wesley is the corner of my eye, staring at me. Every time I'd glance his way, he looked away and blushed. I turned around and paddled to shore, taking a break for awhile. Wesley must've followed me because he was sitting by me in the sand not too long after I plopped down.