Chapter 27 'Christmas Shopping'

Laney's POV

I asked my mom the other day if I could go back to Washington with Wesley for Christmas. She wasn't thrilled with the idea, but she agreed. She said I'm just making it harder for the both of us for when I have to leave. That I'm not going to want to leave him because I'm getting attached again. I know she's right, but I can't help it. I need to spend as much time with him before I go.

I got up and did my business in the bathroom by washing my teeth and combing my hair. I went downstairs since everyone else is most likely already up. I sat down by Sammy on the couch, where he usually is.

"You wanna go Christmas shopping with Keaton and me today?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, when you leaving?"

"I'll text him, I'm not sure yet."

Me- Hey Keats what time do you wanna go today?

Keaton- How about like an hour?

Me- Okay, sounds good. I'll pick you up because Sammy's going too.

"We're leaving in about an hour," I told him.

"Why can't I go?" Andrea pouted.

"Because then you'll know what I got you for Christmas!" I went upstairs and hopped in the shower real quick. I threw on some random clothes since most of them were already packed for college. My room was actually depressing to look at because everything was all packed up. Sammy's room looked the same, except he can come home more often because he's enrolled in UCLA.

I applied some makeup and did my hair before going back downstairs to get Sammy.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Let's go," he answered. We walked out to his car and he insisted on driving, so I had to give him directions to their house. When we got there I went to knock on the door to get him. Drew answered, not a surprise.

"Where's Keaton?"

"Hello to you too Laney," he chuckled moving to the side so I could get in.

"Sorry, how have you been Drew?"

"Little sassy today, are we? I'm fine, Keaton's up in his room," he said. I went upstairs to his room and found him in his bathroom fixing his hair in the mirror. I giggled walking over to him so I could fix it. I put his hair in place like he usually has it and he gave me a grin.

"Thanks Lay!"

"You're welcome Keats! Now let's go before I run into the devil," I laughed dragging him down the stairs quickly. We were almost out the door but an arm pulled me back.

"What?" I snapped.

"You're not leaving without a kiss Lane," Wesley smirked.

"In your dreams," I teased tugging my arm away from him. I headed out, but again, he pulled me back.

"Just one kiss," he begged puckering his lips.

"Fine," I smirked. I walked over to Drew and planted a kiss on the corner of his lips and walked out the door. I looked back to wink at Wesley as he just stood there with his mouth agape.

"Dude you just got owned by her!" Drew bursted into a fit of laughter before we closed the door. Keaton was laughing so hard his face was all red. We got in the car and Sammy gave us a confused look.

"What's so funny?"

"She just played Wesley so bad! It was hilarious!"

"Oh gosh, what'd you do Lane?"