Chapter 38 'Not Goodbye'

Laney's POV

"Shit! Lane, we have to get up," Wesley panicked. My phone was continuously ringing and ringing. I fluttered my eyes open and the sun from my window was blinding my eyes. I reached for my phone and answered the call.

"Where are you Laney?! You have to interview a band today! You're so lucky boss isn't here today, but you're even luckier they haven't showed up yet! Hurry and get your ass here!" Hazel shouted through the phone. I hung up on her rant and shot out of bed. I pulled Wesley's shirt on and went to the bathroom. I hopped in the shower and cleaned up really quick. I threw on a nice outfit and didn't bother with my makeup since I knew I wouldn't have time.

"Looks like I've got you two today," I hollered to Wesley.

"Oh great! We're already almost an hour late! We better hurry!"

We drove to their hotel to pick Keaton up, who was very grumpy and mad that we hadn't came on time.

"Seriously, I was waiting out there for an hour! Wes you're lucky no one has called us yelling at us for not being there already!"

"Hey, on the bright side, Laney's our interviewer today."

"At least you two have made up, as I can tell from the marks on Laney's neck she must've forgot about," Keaton laughed devilishly. I blushed and snorted out a laugh.

"Those aren't from Wes," I teased. Keaton's eyes went wide and he looked around awkwardly. Wesley looked over at me and winked.

"She's kidding bro, I hope," he chuckled. We arrived at the interview and rushed inside. Hazel blew up on me the moment I got in there.

"I'm sorry Haze! I was actually picking them up," I tried to explain.

"Is this Emblem3?"

"Yes, now if you'd calm down, I'd like to get this interview started."

"Actually I've got this one, you don't even look presentable. Someone had a little too much fun last night I assume?" And then I remembered Keaton said he could see my hickeys, so I bet Hazel did too.

"Are you sure? I have some makeup at my desk, I can-"

"I'm sure, they're pretty cute anyways," she winked.

"Lay off the one with the eyebrow piercing," I warned jokingly.

"No promises," she giggled. She took the boys back to the stylists to get their makeup done so they would look right in the lighting. They set up the cameras and the boys came out of the dressing room. Wesley placed a kiss on my cheek before heading towards the chairs assigned to them.

"Don't ruin your makeup!" Hazel shouted when she saw our contact. She asked them boring old interview questions, like how tour has been, favorite artists, when new music will be out, and just like any other interview their relationship status.

"So, are you boys single?"

"I have like 700 thousand girlfriends on twitter if that counts," Keaton cheesed. Wesley looked at me as if to ask what to say. I shook my head yes, so he would say yes.

"I'm single, just living free, but I've got this one girl in mind," he smiled directly towards me.

"Let's hear about her," Hazel insisted.

"She's beautiful, she's got the prettiest brown flowing hair, the flashiest smile, a cute laugh, and she just makes me really happy," he finished while blushing a little. That's the sweetest thing he's said about me in front of his fans. Hopefully they won't think he's talking about me because I haven't missed the hate one bit.