Chapter 16 'I'm in love with YOU'

Laney's POV

I woke up almost falling off the bed from trying to be so far away from Wesley. I tried not to think about what I heard, but how could I not? Not only did he tell someone else he loved them, he lied to me about being on the phone even. I maybe wouldn't be so upset if he would just tell me. Why is he leading me on in this relationship? This is going to be a rough week. How am I supposed to act like I didn't hear him?

I decided to clear my head and go to the gym on the cruise ship. Thank god we are going to the hotel tonight and getting off the ship. It's driving me crazy already. I got some running clothes on and knocked on Sammy's door, making sure not to wake Wes in the process. He opened it, still in his pajamas.

"I'm going to the gym, please come with me. I need to talk to you," I started, but tried not to get tears. I breathed, calming myself down.

"Okay I'll be right out." I waited for about five minutes and he was in some workout clothes too. We walked down to the gym and I went to the treadmill. He got on the one next to me and we started off with walking, so we could still talk.

"What's wrong Lane? You looked like you were gonna cry back there."

"I was going to tell him last night, but I didn't. After I left your room, I heard him on the phone, but he wouldn't tell me who it was. He denied the whole fact he was even on the phone....."

"So....? He lied to you?" He said obviously confused.

"Sammy....on the phone, whoever it was, he told them he was in love with them. Last time I checked you wouldn't tell family or friends you're in love with them," I answered trying to hold back my tears. I can't let myself cry over him. I'm too good for that. Pull yourself together Laney.

"Oh, Laney. I'm so sorry. I'm gonna beat his ass. He messed with the wrong family. Oh god I'm gonna-"

"Please don't get into it Sam, really. I should've listened to you in the first place. You were right. You always are. I'll be fine. I just need to get through this trip and I'll try to forget about him."

"Okay, you want me to hangout with him today so you don't have to? I'll tell him you want to spend time with Andrea."

"You won't do or say anything stupid?"

"I promise, unless you want me too."

"No, I don't want you to."

"Okay I won't," he chuckled picking up his pace. He started running, so I cranked mine up and started running as well. We finished up in the gym and went back to our rooms. I walked in and Wes wasn't in the bed, so he must be in the bathroom. I grabbed some different clothes and waited for him to get out. He walked out a couple minutes later and looked me up and down.

"Good morning to you," he winked whistling at me.

"Shut up I was at the gym," I rolled my eyes pushing past him into the bathroom.

"Are you okay now?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I smiled through gritted teeth.

"Well I was hoping I could take you to dinner tonight after we get to the hotel? I think we need to talk about some things." He suggested.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked confused.

"I just have a couple things to tell you," he answered. I nodded and closed the door. I hopped in the small shower and got cleaned up.

What did he have to tell me? Was he going to tell me he didn't want to be with me anymore? That he's found someone better? Maybe I should save him the trouble and tell him I heard. No, he needs to tell me himself. I don't want to go to dinner with him. For some reason deep down I feel like he isn't going to break up with me, but I know he is. I obviously know he doesn't feel the same anyways.