Chapter 14 'Drew Day'

Drew's POV
*Thursday*

I woke up with a text from Laney.

LANEYBABE- Hey we still hanging today Drewbear?
I chuckled at the name she used.

Me- Yeah! I guess....only if you take a shower though. You stink sometimes.

LANEYBABE- Whatever, you're worse...maybe that's why we're friends ;)

Me- Exactly. See you later babe. :)
I didn't even think before I sent babe.

LANEYBABE- See you Drew! :)

I got out of bed and decided to take a shower, so I wouldn't stink. I grabbed a tank and some khaki shorts and threw them in the bathroom along with my towel. I turned the shower water on and hopped in. I washed myself up and got dressed and headed downstairs. I decided to go over to Keaton and Wesley's house before I spent my day with Laney.

I pulled into their driveway and welcomed myself in since that's what I do every other time I come here. It's basically my second house, or my first. I'm here more than my house.

"Hey Drew!" Wes shouted from the kitchen.

"Sup Wes."

"I'm making a shake, want one?"

"Yeah I'll have one!" I walked to the kitchen and he slid me a cup full of the shake he made. I gave him a nod and took a sip.

"What's your plan for today?"

"I'm hanging out with Laney. We're just having a lazy movie day or something I guess."

"Oh," he sounded jealous.

"Wes don't worry, I won't do anything. She's like a little sister," I chuckled.

"Sorry bro, I know you won't. I just really like her you know? I've never liked a girl like this before. I- Drew, I think I love her."

"That's deep dude. You should tell her. She probably feels the same way. It's likely since you've been together for awhile now."

"But what if she's not ready for love. I don't want her to feel pressured into loving me back if she doesn't know yet."

"She is, trust me. You should see the way you two look at each other. You both are meant to be. She looks at you with such admiration and beauty, it really is amazing. She really really likes you, and when you use more than one really, it's love."

"Thanks Dr. Love," Wesley chuckled. We finished up our shakes and went to chill on the couch. We talked and watched TV for a good two hours until I went to meet Laney.

"I'll take good care of her, no worries Wesley," I shot him a winked and gave him a bro hug.

"But please don't mention me saying I love her yet, I don't know if she's ready," he warned. I gave him a nod and headed out to my car. I drove to Laney's house and she was waiting on her porch for me. She got up and walked to the passenger side and got in.

"Hey Drewski." She leaned over and pecked my cheek.

"Hey LaneyBabe," I shot her a wink and pulled out of the driveway. I drove back to my place and we went inside. She was looking through my movies and picked a couple out. I realized I had like no food in my house.

"Hey Lane you wanna run to the store with me real quick? I don't have much food here, and what I do have you wouldn't like," I chuckled.

"Yeah sure, let's go." We hopped back in my car once again and drove off to the store. We both went in and went to get some snacks. We picked up some chips and cookies and popcorn. We also picked up some pop.