Chapter 34 'New Everything'

Laney's POV

It's been almost five months since I started school. I haven't talked to anyone back home since they left except Sammy, Andrea, and my parents. Wesley has called, but I try so hard to ignore his calls. It'll just make me miss him more and go back to crying myself to sleep every night, just like my first month here. I'm not sure how things will be between us if we reunite again.

Everything here is completely new. I have a new life. It's so refreshing but stressful at the same time. I've met some new friends; Kate, Ashton, and I've gotten to know Ian and Avery a lot more. School has been going pretty good with them around. I even got a job. I work at a magazine company and do interviews and photo shoots.

I decided on staying up here for Spring Break. I have to study for some final tests, and I really don't want to go back home. I'll just make everything worse. I'm currently driving to my first, and only, class of the day. I have work right after class.

-

Wesley's POV

\\FLASHBACK//
**FOUR MONTHS EARLIER**

-

I picked up my phone for what seemed like the billionth time since she's left. She won't answer my calls, and it's killing me. I don't know why she's doing this. I thought we were going to stay in contact. She promised.

"Hey this is Laney," I heard.

"Laney! Hey," I said, shocked she answered.

"Leave me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible," her answering machine rang. I do this every damn time. I get my hopes up, and it's the answering machine every time. I don't know why I even try. Maybe because deep inside I think she'll call back, that she's only not answering because she's busy. I know that isn't the truth though.

"Dude, you need to get over her. If she hasn't answered by now, she doesn't want you," Kenny said.

"She wouldn't do that. We love each other, she can't. I won't believe it," I muttered, not wanting the guys to see I had tears I my eyes.

"Wes, it's okay bud. We know what you're going through, it'll be okay. She loves you. She's probably really busy. College is a stressful time," Drew reassured. I nodded and wiped my tears away.

"I can't believe thee Wesley Stromberg is moping around over some girl," Kyle laughed.

"No, you don't understand. She's not just some girl. She's the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't know what love was until she showed me, so don't say she's just 'some girl'," I argued.

"Sorry, I didn't realize how much she meant to you," he apologized.

"I just don't know what to do, she means everything to me," I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"Everything will turn out okay," Keaton said.

"I hope so."

-

**PRESENT**

WESLEY'S POV

-

Well, I have to say, everything didn't turn out okay. It's gone downhill since then. I went to bed every night worrying about her, wondering if she'd call, but she never did. I finally got used to the fact that she was trying to ignore me. I don't know why, and I don't care. If she wants to screw me over, so be it. I've tried so hard to keep in touch with her, but she doesn't seem to give a shit.