Chapter 31 'Welcome to New York'

Laney's POV

We got home two days ago from Washington only to arrive in New York today. It was only Wesley and I for two days. I was happy to have a couple days alone with him. We only got here a few hours ago and we've actually gotten quite a bit done.

I went with Wesley and got everything for my apartment settled with the owner. I still had to get some furniture, but it was looking pretty good. My car, which was Sammy's, is here as well as all of my boxes and clothes. I'm just so stressed right now with everything. It's so crazy one minute you're home with your family having a good time, and the next you're out in a huge city alone living by yourself.

"Wesley the couch is coming in an hour so we can go get lunch before that," I suggested.

"Let's go then," he chuckled, his stomach growling. We decided to walk since it would be way easier than testing this traffic out. I grabbed his hand and locked my apartment up before heading out. We walked down the street and decided on going to a street vendor. We just got some burgers that smelled really good. We took a seat on a bench near the vendor and ate.

"So you're really going to live here," Wesley questioned more than stated.

"I guess. Everything's just so surreal, you know? It's so crazy that I'm going to be here all by myself, going to school, not knowing anyone, in New York. I can't wrap my head around it, yet it's right here, happening now."

"I know what you mean, I can't wrap my head around not being able to see you and talk to you everyday. I won't be able to kiss you, or touch you, for a long time," he sighed.

"Don't think of it like that, just think, the sooner you leave, the sooner you'll see me again," I grinned trying to lighten the mood. "God dammit Wesley say something before I start crying," I laughed trying to hold in the tears that were forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Lay," he chuckled, tears in his eyes too.

"Let's get going," I insisted. He got up and offered his hand to help me up. I gladly accepted it and we walked along laughing and smiling, like one of those fairytale movies, but unfortunately, ours wouldn't end a fairytale.

We got back to my apartment just in time for the couch to be delivered. I opened up my apartment and told them where to put it. I signed some papers and they left. I plopped down on the newly cushioned couch and sighed. Wesley flopped down right next to me and mocked my sigh jokingly.

"This apartment is coming along quick," he said looking around.

"Yeah, at least I have a bed to sleep on, that's all I need," I giggled.

"We can do more than sleep on it," he smirked.

"Wesley!" I laughed.

"You're the one that hinted it the other day," he defensively said while throwing his hands up.

"I did? I don't recall," I teased. I know I did, but I wasn't in the mood right now. I was too tired to do anything really.

"Oh whatever," he chuckled nudging my arm that was laying on my slumped body. He rolled his head over to look at me, and I did the same to him. He smiled and grabbed my hand rubbing his thumb on the top of it.

"I can't stop thinking about leaving you Lay," he sighed while his smile dropped into a frown.

"Wesley, I know it's going to be hard, but it'll be okay. You may find a girl you like even more than me, and as much as it might break my heart, go for it. I want nothing more than for you to be happy."

"Would you stop saying that! I'm not going to find someone else. You need to stop thinking about others before yourself. All I want is to make you happy and how can I do that when you keep bringing that up? No one is as amazing as you Laney! Why can't you see I don't want someone else? Is that what you want?"