Chapter 6 'Just a Dream'

Laney's POV

It's been a little over a month since I moved to Cali, and I've made some new friends. I made friends with a girl my age I met at the beach. Her name is Taylor.

I've been trying to hangout with the boys as much as I can, but it seems as if Keaton is trying to avoid me. Ever since that party, he's been acting weird. Wesley and I have been hanging out a lot, along with Drew. But Wesley hasn't said anything about liking me in awhile. I think he was just being silly. I've spent a lot of time with Sammy and Andrea too. My parents have been busy working, since my mom got a job at a doctors office around here.

I was suppose to hangout with Taylor today, but she texted me and said she had to go do family stuff. It was the afternoon already, since I'd spent most of the morning sleeping. I seemed to still be tired because I found myself yawning during a commercial on the TV.

I wanted to hangout with someone, so I texted Keaton.

Me- I miss my Keaters, can you please come over?

Keaton- By myself?

Me- No, bring a whole party. Obviously just you. :)

Keaton- Okay, is anyone home?

Me- No, just me. Mom and Dad are working, Sammy is with Cam, and Andrea's with Jenn. Cam is Sammy's new friend.

Keaton- I'll be over in a few.

This will be the first alone time Keaton and I have spent since the party.

I was straightening up around the house when I heard someone knock at the door.

"It's open!" I yelled putting a pillow in its place on the couch. The door opened revealing Keaton, and he walked in.

"Keatonnnnnn!" I cheered holding out the n. I ran over to him and hugged him, but he only slightly hugged back. I pulled away and gave him a stern look.

"Sit. Now." I made him take a seat on the couch and he did without any hesitation. "What did I do? Why are you acting like if you are around me, or even touch me, someone's going to kill you?" I demanded. I was tired of him ignoring me all the time.

"Maybe someone will..." He muttered not giving me eye contact.

"Who?" I sassed back at him.

"Wes," he whispered so low I almost didn't hear him. I gave him a confused look and he shrugged his shoulders. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Wes likes you, and I don't want him to get mad at me," he said ashamed.

"That's ridiculous. You're not going to make him mad, and I know he doesn't like me, so let's just not talk about him," I said, looking down fiddling with my thumbs.

"Yes he does Laney, anyone can see it! The way he looks at you when you smile, the way he always wants to say something to you, but gets too embarrassed and ends up not. Just those little things I notice...maybe because I do the same," he muttered the last part, so I acted like I didn't hear him. What did he mean? Does he...he like me? I can't have this happen to me...no. I won't be in between two brothers.

"If he liked me, don't you think he would've said something?" I asked.

"He does Laney! He hints it every time you're together. You're just to blind to notice," he shouted at me. Is he talking about Wes here, or himself? How have I not noticed?

"Keaton...do you...do you like me?" I hesitated. He looked down and wouldn't even look at me.

"Maybe I do Laney! But you'd never notice because you only care about yourself! You never think of anyone else when you're doing things. Like at Kenny's party, when you went with Wesley instead of me, you didn't think of me. You were too busy hooked on Wesley!" He screamed standing up.