Chapter 21 'Virginia'

Laney's POV

Matt and I were leaving for Virginia today. I'm currently getting my ass up at six in the morning to finish packing and get on our flight that leaves at nine. I groaned as I got out of bed, trudging to the bathroom.

It's been a little over a week since the incident. I've been doing a lot better, with Matt's help of course. Sammy has actually helped me a lot too, but Andrea doesn't seem to care. She's busy with school and stuff anyways. I was just so happy to go and get my mind off things for awhile. Keaton told me they left for tour five days ago. I haven't really talked to any of them since that night. Drew must've told Taylor what happened because she found out. I didn't want it to turn into a whole big ordeal.

I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair, not even bothering to apply makeup because it wouldn't cover my colorless skin. I have still barely been eating, but I've been getting forced. Which doesn't really help because it comes right back out.

I changed my clothes into just some sweats and a comfortable t-shirt. I threw in some warm clothes in my bag since it's fall and going to be cold in Virginia. I zipped it up when I had everything and set it with my duffel bag I was taking. I slowly dragged them down the stairs, placing them by the door. My mom was already up making me breakfast.

"You didn't have to get up Mom, I'm not that hungry," I confessed.

"You're eating Laney! I've barely gotten you to eat all week, please just eat it. I hate seeing you like this," she begged. I could hear the worry in her voice. I decided to just eat the pancakes and sausage she placed in front of me to make her feel better. I ate slowly, so I wouldn't puke it back up.

"We have to go pick Matt up in twenty minutes, so hurry!" My mom ordered. I groaned and finished a bite of my pancake. I threw the remaining food away and put the dishes in the sink. My mom took my baggage out to the car already as I made my way around saying goodbye to everyone. I knocked on my dad's door softly. I walked in and he was still in bed.

"I'm leaving now, I'll miss you Dad. I'll be safe, and I'll call you when I land. Love you."

"Love you too sweetie," he whispered in a gruff morning voice. I walked up to Andrea's room and didn't bother knocking.

"Hey An, I'm leaving, I'll see you in a few days! I'll miss you. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone," I teased as she stirred around under her blankets.

"Goodbye, I'll miss you too. Don't think of him too much," she said. I didn't even have to ask who 'him' was. I nodded my head and walked to Sammy's room. He was sitting up on his phone.

"Hi Sam, I'm leaving," I sighed.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do without you Lay," he chuckled.

"Have no one to worry about," I reminded laughing a little.

"There's that laugh I like to hear," he encouraged. I just smiled giving him a hug.

"I'll miss you," I said squeezing him.

"I'll miss you too, if you need me, just call. Okay?"

"Okay." I left his room and checked mine one more time before I left to make sure I didn't forget anything. I didn't see anything I needed so I walked back downstairs and out to the car. My mom drove off to Matt's to pick him up and go to the airport.

I ran up to Matt's door and knocked. He was waiting in the living room with his bags. We brought them out to the car and loaded them up with mine.

"You ready?" I said in my best excited voice this early in the morning.

"Definitely! I can't wait to see my mommy," he teased. We got in the back seats and drove to the airport. When we arrived I said goodbye to my mom and went through security. We waited around until it was time for us to board. They called our flight and we finally boarded, and our seats were next to each other thankfully. We got settled and waited for take off.