Chapter 39 'Surprise'

Laney's POV

I'm officially on Spring Break, and I have a week off from work. I'm so excited to just relax. I decided to go back home to Cali for a couple days, but no one knows that yet except my dad. I'm planning on surprising them. Wes and I have been doing really well with our 'relationship' so far. We've been communicating as much as we can, and neither of us has given up yet. Ian on the other hand will barely look at me. I broke his heart bad, and I didn't mean for it to happen the way it did.

I'm on my plane right now, but I'm pretty scared to be flying right now considering I've been throwing up a lot these past few days. I think it was just the nerves of exams and finals, or maybe I ate something bad. Whatever it is I hope it goes away soon.

__________________

I got off the plane and went to claim my baggage. I looked around for my dad, but that's not who I saw running towards me. It was Sammy.

"Laney!!"

"Oh my gosh Sam! I've missed you so much," I squealed. He hugged me tight and kissed my cheek.

"I've missed you too Lane! Dad couldn't pick you up because of work, so he told me to. It's okay though, I didn't tell anyone."

"Good! I want to surprise them. Especially Wesley because I told him I wasn't coming home."

"You two are okay? Last time I saw him he was a wreck about you. He could barely hold up a conversation about you without breaking down."

"I know, I put him through a rough time, but we're cool now," I chuckled. He drove us home, and on the way he told me all about his college experience as I told him about mine too. It was so nice catching up with him. When I walked inside my mom literally screamed. She broke down into tears on me too.

"Mom, it's okay. I'm right here," I laughed while rubbing her back.

"I know, but I missed you sweetie," she cried.

"Well I'm here for about a week, so don't say you missed me yet. You'll want me back by tomorrow," I joked. She laughed a little and shook her head.

"Still got that smart mouth," she chuckled. She let me go finally, and as she was doing so I heard footsteps on the stairs. I turned to see a surprised Andrea on the stairway.

"Laney! What are you doing home?!" She ran the rest of the way down and jumped into my arms I was holding out for a hug.

"I missed my baby sister!"

"I missed you so much Lane, please don't leave again," she begged teasingly.

"I'm only here for about a week," I sighed. I caught up with everyone for more than a couple hours.

"I think I'm gonna go and see a couple friends, I'll be back later guys," I promised. I drove over to Drew's apartment, still astonished I remembered where it was. It's been so long since I've been here, and the traffic seems to be nothing compared to New York. I slowly knocked on his door and waited for him to answer. I don't know what happened between him and Wesley, but it's not going to keep me from seeing him. He's one of my best friends, well I hope he still is.

"Laneybabe! What in the world?! It's been forever!" He exclaimed. I gave him a huge hug and squeezed him tight.

"I know Drewski! I've missed you!" He invited me in to catch up on some things. He mentioned quiting Emblem3, but he didn't go into that much detail other than what he's been working on alone. He mentioned he and Taylor aren't a couple anymore, which saddened me. He said they parted ways when she moved down to Florida. I told him about school and how good it's been; talking about my life was boring since I haven't done really anything since I saw him last.