Chapter 29 'I love you, Keaton?'

Laney's POV

"Laney, Lane, Lay!" someone was shouting and jumping up and down. I groggily opened my eyes to find Keaton there like a little kid jumping at the edge of the bed.

"What Keaton?" I groaned.

"Breakfast is ready and Gramcracker is here!"

"I'll be down in a couple minutes!" I hissed. I looked to my side and saw that Wesley was already gone. I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair and wiped my face off. I left my glasses on and threw my hair in a bun, classy, I know. They can't expect me to look great this early. I walked downstairs and my nostrils were filled with the aroma of bacon and pancakes. The kitchen was filled with people I have never met before, and I didn't even see Wesley. I went to stand by Taylor and Drew so I didn't feel awkward.

I was never good around new people. I'm so socially awkward and insecure that it just doesn't mesh well. Everyone was talking, eating, and enjoying themselves while I was just awkwardly standing here.

"Laney, sweetie, I made you a plate," Laraine smiled at me and handed me a plate loaded with a variety of foods.

"Thank you! Smells great!" I complimented. I took my plate and took a remaining seat by Drew and Taylor.

"Hey Laneybabe! Sleep good?"

"Yeah, except Wesley's bed is very small. Imagine his sweaty body pressed right up against yours all night. It was gross."

"He didn't have clothes on?" Drew chuckled.

"Not like that Drew! He just didn't have a shirt on!"

"Oh, okay. Just looking out for my little sister," he winked. If only he knew.

"Little late there buddy," I muttered, but he still heard me. My face turned a shade of red when his mouth went wide open. Taylor hit his arm in hopes of him leaving me alone.

"Where is Wesley, anyways?" I asked looking around, still not seeing him.

"I have no clue," Drew said looking around suspiciously. I shrugged it off and ate my food in mostly silence since Drew and Taylor were being disgusting lovebirds. Keaton came over and wanted me to meet his grandma. He took me into the extremely large room and led me to his grandma who was sitting in a rocking chair in the corner.

"Hey Grandma! This is Laney," Keaton cheered.

"Wow, Keaton, your girlfriend here is so beautiful," she gave him a toothy grin. I blushed and looked down at my feet, not knowing what to say since she thinks I'm dating Keaton. I'm not even pretty right now, with my glasses and no makeup.

"Why thank you, but I'm not his girlfriend," I quietly told her. Keaton was blushing like crazy shaking his head.

"This is Wesley's friend Grandma," Keaton chuckled.

"I thought he was with that other girl he le-"

"Grandma are you done with this plate? Let's take it to the kitchen," Keaton quickly butted in. What was that about?

"I got it," I smiled taking it from her lap.

"Keaton you need to make your move on her," I heard his grandma whisper while I was walking away. I don't know why she thinks I'm with Keaton. I took her plate out to the sink and started to clean it, but Laraine stopped me.

"Go hangout with the family, you don't have to do this," she said taking the dish and scrubbing it herself. I went back out to find Keaton still talking to his Grandmother. I watched him in awe as he made her laugh and smile, he was so sweet.