Chspter 42 'House Party'

Wesley's POV

Today all of our families are coming over to the new house to check it out and stay for dinner since we've settled in now. It's been almost three weeks since we've moved in. Laney's is stressing out, even though I've told her not to.

"Babe, I have to run to the store and get a couple things, I'll be right back," she called from the kitchen.

"I can go for you, are you sure you wanna leave me here watching all this food anyways?"

"True," she laughed. She wrote some things down, and I went to the store to get them. I picked up everything she needed, and I stopped by a flower shop just to get her some flowers. When I walked in the door she was frantically scurrying around the kitchen putting stuff in pots, getting stuff out of the oven, and throwing stuff every which way.

"Lane, calm down. It's just our family," I reminded.

"Yes, and I have to prove to my parents that we can do this, and if I don't have everything perfect, they're going to doubt us having this baby," she sighed. She looked down at her very tiny, almost not noticeable bump. The only reason you could tell was because she's so skinny and wearing a tight shirt.

"Here, I got you these, so take a break for a little bit and put them in a vase or whatever," I said handing her the bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks Wesley, they're beautiful." She got a glass vase out of the cupboard and filled it with water. She put it in the center of the table and put the flowers in it slowly. She sat down for a couple seconds before coming back and doing exactly what she was doing before.

"Do you need me to do anything?"

"Um, if you want just make sure everything is clean in the living room and our room," she mumbled, not even looking at me.

"Okay, but I'm gonna need a kiss first," I teased.

"How about after you're done, so then it's like a reward," she chuckled.

"Whatever," I muttered. I picked up the shoes in the living room and put them in my closet. I wiped off a few tables, but everything else was basically clean. I made our bed and put her makeup and hair stuff away neatly in the drawers. I walked back to the kitchen to tell her I was done.

"Guess what Lay? I'm done," I sang. She turned around and shook her head giggling to herself. She motioned for me to come closer for a kiss. She slowly brought her hands up to my face and as soon as they reached my face I knew why she was holding back a laugh. She smeared mashed potatoes all over my face and pecked my lips. She giggled and continued what she was doing. I did get my kiss, so I guess I can't be that mad.

"Thanks Lane, love you too," I sarcastically scoffed. She just giggled and carried on.

She finally started setting everything out on the counter when she was done. It actually did look really good. She still had a pie in the oven, and it smelled extremely good. Plus, if you can make a pie, you've already found a way into my heart.

"They're going to be here in like half an hour, so don't touch any of the food while I'm getting ready," she warned. I put my hands up defensively and looked around innocently. She rolled her eyes and went upstairs. I went to the living room so I wouldn't be tempted to eat anything.

"Are they here yet?" Laney yelled from upstairs.

"No," I hollered back. I heard her go back to the room so I snuck upstairs and crept to our room quietly so she wouldn't hear. She was in the bathroom. I went as close to the door as possible before jumping out and screaming.