Guards and Guarded Part 54

Lex woke hours later. Scar was in the lavatory. He walked in and reached for her. He carried her to the pool and lowered her in. "Soak...I will prepare dinner." Lex began to protest. He lifted a finger to her lips.

"Sssssssssss....there is plenty of food. We...you....can go into town for any last minute foods before we start for our journey to put your mind at ease. Relax, please." Lex settled in quietly.

Scar sanitized the sheets and made the bed. Lex relaxed. She was a bit tired. He placed a garment on the bed for her. She washed herself but Scar showered in different quarters. He made a traditional dish and prepared. Lex sat in the water lounging comfortably. Wondering what was taking him so long. She exited and noticed the garment. It was beautiful and unique. She'd never felt a fabric quite like the material used to create this dress. Scar entered the room.

"What is this?" She asked him. Looking at the garment. "It is a dress that Keishll made for you. I want to have dinner with you. It is an anniversary for us. 2 months today since I returned to you." "Is it? Really?.....wow..... you're right." She said in deep thought. "Yes. I have prepared dinner." "Ok...that sounds lovely. Thank you. I will wear this. I'll get pretty." She said excitedly. "You are pretty, you are beautiful." He told her. She blushed. He walked to her and hugged her. "I will check on our meal." He said softly, clicking nervously. "Ok. I'll get dressed." She told him. Scar bowed and exited the room.

Lex grabbed her box from her storage room and a mirror. She sat at his command centre and did her hair. She twisted her hair into a million two strand twists. She put the front up and the back down. She applied subtle makeup and put on the dress. It was tight but beautiful. It was long and golden brown. It complimented her skin colour. It had shimmery golden fabric along the neckline and sleeves. It hugged her curves and dipped a bit low in the back though she could still wear a bra. She felt like a princess.

She wished she had a longer mirror. Another item to add to her list of items to take before they left Earth for their long journey. She felt beautiful. Scar suited in his armor. The food was ready. He needed c'nlip. He would wait for her. Maybe she would try another sip later. He was nervous. He gathered her anniversary gift and headed to retrieve her. Lex was just exiting to leave when he opened the door. He froze staring at her. She dropped her eyes and smiled. "You look beautiful." He whispered. "Thank you. You look handsome." Scar was dressed in his armor and had his cape draped from his shoulder. He looked like a king. He trilled nervously.

Scar reached for her hand and guided her out of the room. As they walked the corridor, she played with his fingers and felt something odd. She looked down and noticed that his index finger was missing a nail. "When did you do this? Did you break it?" "No, I removed it, with my dahdtoudi. I wanted to touch you every where. I did not want to hurt you." He explained clicking. "Oh......I see." Lex blushed, she was amazed she recognized his words now. She was grateful he'd taken her safety and comfort into consideration. "Very thoughtful of you. Thank you." She said quietly.

Scar led her to the central command centre. "We're having dinner in here?" "No, I want to view space with you for a moment." Scar led her to the view screen. He typed in coordinates into his ships navigational system and went to her. They looked out at the moon for a long while. It was a crescent moon. Scar held her tightly. Lex rested her hands over his. They looked out upon the stars. "Take a deep breath for me." She took a deep breath and the moon stretched along with the stars. It created a haze of bright lights in straight lines. Lex felt her stomach drop and dip. Her head felt pressure and her equilibrium was thrown off completely. Scar held her. The sensation lasted 10 seconds but the impact was intense. She bent forward gasping for air.

"Breathe for me. Breathe..." He whispered. He rubbed the back of her neck. Lex was dizzy. The effects were short lived. "What was that?" She asked panic-stricken. "Hyper jump, we are in hyper speed." He answered. "What, why?" "There are two stars I want you to gaze upon. The sight is awe-inspiring. Are you well?" He asked. "Yes, I'm fine. That was a rush!" The stars lit up brightly. The ship was traveling so fast her eyes couldn't keep up.

They came out of hyper speed and there among all of space to the left were two stars. Huge, bright white and hypnotic. Lex couldn't understand what her eyes were viewing. The two stars looked like millions of white sparkles centering around each other. It was absolutely incredible. Scar pulled her to him, "come..." She couldn't take her eyes away. He pulled her gently. "I want my camera. I need a picture of this." "Yes, I will retrieve it later." He told her purring. The sound pulled her from her trance.

Scar led her through a door in the central command centre that she'd never noticed. So many doors. She was amazed at all the entryways. "I didn't notice this at all. It just looks like it's part of the wall." He nodded. She watched him punch in a code. The door opened into a short corridor.

"In here?"

"Yes, follow me." Scar closed the door behind him and it sealed shut. They walked across. Scar punched in another code and the door opened into a small enclosure. "This ship is vast! My goodness." Scar trilled lowly. Scar led her through and in front of an automatic door.

The doors opened and inside revealed 5 huge Yautja males.