Kainde Amedha Part 36

He turned and heard plasma blasts and roars. He ran back and saw Wikker on the ground, dead with a huge open hole ripped through his sternum. A chestburster had burst free. Elder Shomir looked to Scar and motioned toward the trail of blood leading down a long corridor. The trail ended near a floor grate. Elder Shomir started following the trail when Scar stopped him.

Scar went into action. "Elder Shomir, please gather the other Elders and personnel and head for the emergency ship. I will hunt for the kainde amedha. If I am successful, I can auto pilot the mothership to follow you and tow you in. If I am not, I will collect survivors and take them to our nearest outpost and destroy the mothership." Elder Shomir nodded and bowed graciously and proceeded to leave. "Elder Shomir, n'dhi-ja." Scar clicked his mandibles together. "Thar'n-da s/ yin'tekai." Elder Shomir clicked and trilled in return. Scar bowed. He ran following the trail.

A ship wide alert went out, to find the nearest escape pod or head for the emergency ship, all Yautja needed to arm themselves, data was to be collected, specimens transferred to the emergency ship and escape pods utilized if the infant kainde amedha wasn't captured within 12 hours. Yautja were encouraged to isolate themselves to avoid infection and implantation of any kainde amedha embryos to minimize casualties. Hunting was not encouraged on the mothership, running and not hunting the creatures down was out of the ordinary but protocol commanded that the ship was to be protected against Yautja weapons and kainde amedha acid blood, nests and infestations. The Yautja couldn't jeopardize the ship. The mothership had an embedded ship that would auto pilot the Elders back to Yautja Prime or the nearest outpost in case of a serious incident. Scars ship was docked with a tight, impenetrable air lock seal.

Scar went down a level. He needed to extinguish the creature before it matured and or laid eggs. Nelkir and Fuldex accompanied him. They searched the ship, using active video feeds, ship schematics, blueprint holograms, several vision settings in their bio-masks and scent. No luck. They couldn't locate it. The Yautja heard a crashing noise from the far end of the corridor. They headed that way and entered the room, they spotted a bloody slime trail. Scar moved to the far end of the room. Searching and scanning for movement. If he located the infant, it would need to be quarantined and isolated. The only way to kill it or a fully grown kainde amedha was to snap is neck. This would minimize bleed out and exposing the ship's hull to acid blood.

More crashing to the far left of the room. Scar moved in scanning. No sign. Out of no where the infant flew into the air and ran at top speed from the room. Scar was infuriated! They chased it out. They searched for hours. Leading them all over the ship. Scar feared the worse. The longer it took, the bigger the infant grew.

6 hours passed....

The mothership was evacuated, all except the creature, Scar, Fuldex and Nelkir. They'd split up. Scar alerted the ships guards to evacuate as well. Scar would have to locate it soon or destroy the ship.

Scar walked and searched. As he scanned the ceiling, the creature jumped down. Fully grown and huge. Scar attacked it with his plasmacaster. He threw a disc at it along with a spear, injuring it. The creature rushed forward and gripped Scars arms, burying its talons into Scars flesh. Scar fired his net gun at it subduing it momentarily. The creature wailed and screamed. It eventually broke free, whipped its tail at Scar and impaled him. Scar roared. He ripped its tail from his shoulder, he reached for it and began swinging the creature around and crashed it into a glass divider. The creature screeched and starting bleeding out.

Scar could hear Fuldex and Nelkir running towards him. The creature got itself to its feet and lunged at Scar. Scar kicked the creature back. Fuldex attacked it and it's acid burned through his armor. The creature continued to attack Fuldex. Nelkir blasted the creature, throwing the creature off balance and crashing into a view screen. This caused the screen to crack slightly. Scar used his maul to cut the creatures hand from his body. The blood sprayed in a long arch across the glass view screen. The blood began to corrode the glass, allowing the atmosphere of space to enter. The suction caused the view screen to shatter. Spaces atmosphere began to breach the ships stability. The creature screeched and flew to the view screen. It was being sucked into space through a very tiny window. The effect of this caused it to bleed profusely. The injuries from the creature were eating and melting the floor and wall around the view screen. Scar, Fuldex and Nelkir all had to hold on for dear life. They all began to move pass the room and make their way to Scars ship.

The ship was starting to pull itself over. The velocity of the atmosphere entering the ship was causing the ship to buckle under pressure. Scar kept losing his footing. He ran towards his ship. There was an evacuation alarm ringing along the corridors with flashing lights and instructions to get to the nearest escape pod. The kainde amedha was eventually sucked through the tiny window, it screamed. The screaming could be heard across the ship. The act of the creature being sucked out into space and its blood eroding the wall caused the window and wall to rip open. There was a vortex effect and the mothership started to fall into space. Scar could feel this.

Scar ran faster. He could hear loud crunching. He deduced that his docked ship was being ripped from the seal. He powered his ship from his gauntlet. All three finally rounded the corner, Scar punched in a code and a self destruct override command to the mothership. He threw in his last bomb from his utility belt and they fell into his ship. Scar ran to his central command centre, disengaged his ship and flew full speed.

Exactly 2 minutes later, the mothership exploded. The blast and impact caused Scars ship to hurl several hundred miles. The propulsion system malfunctioned. Scar flying full speed away from the mothership imploding caused his hyper jump mechanisms to go off line and scramble. Hyper speed was disengaged as well.

The motherships blast caused an EMP crash of his ships systems. Scar finally found control of his ship and the ship slowed down. The ship couldn't fly at full speed due to damage from the mothership imploding and spraying debris. Fuldex was knocked unconscious. Nelkir was banged up terribly.

Scar shook, not from fear, adrenaline or the explosion but because he knew that this was about to break him.