29

Beyoncé Knowles

My parents, Clarence, Lauren and the kids are landing in Atlanta in about thirty minutes. Two days ago we got the news about Shawn's mother. Trying to get him to go home and make amends with her was the reason we got in that car accident. He just turns into a person of rage when someone in his family is brought up. I have not seen him since the day after Lauren told him. He wanted to fly on the team plane. I'm sure he wanted and needed the alone time.

"Have you talked to him?"

"Yeah! He's at the same hotel as us." Lauren said. "He wants to see the baby."

I nodded, "I'm so hungry."

"Same." She said. "We should go out. It's Atlanta. Why not?"

"You're completely right and I feel as if I deserve a drink. Yes?"

"Yes!" She pointed.

We shared.

"Uh...last time I checked, you both had children to watch," Mama spoke.

"Mama, I feel like you should babysit tonight." I told her.

"See, you always making plans without asking first."

"Mama, please watch my baby while me and Lauren go out tonight." I pleaded. "I would bribe you, but you got more money than me."

"Mhmm. I reckon." She said. "You haven't been out in a while, so I guess."

"Thank you, Mama. I'mma take him to see his Daddy first. Then you can take him to your house. Is that where you're going?"

"Yes ma'am, it is."

"Alright, well we'll be there right after."

Lauren and the kids and I piled in our van with our private driver we would be having for the next couple of days. He drove us to the hotel, where we checked into our deluxe suite.

"Hey, what room are you?" I heard Lauren asked in the main living room.

"Across the hall in the deluxe." I heard Shawn say, dapping up his brothers. "Wassup Nephew?"

"Sup. Uncle Jay look at this view." Kam said in aw.

"I know. It's nice ain't it?"

"Yeah." He said. "Can I stay in your room?"

"Yeah, ask your Mama."

"Kam, I rather you not. Uncle has to get up early in the morning for a press conference. You cannot go with him."

"I'm not gonna go with him. I just wanna sleep in his room."

"Okay, whatever. I'm not arguing. I need a fucking drink. I'm going out with BB, so I don't care what you do. Just don't be running down the fucking hallway with your uncles or set the building on fire. That's all I ask."

"Okay!"

There was a light knock at the door.

"Come in." I said putting Johnson & Johnson baby lotion all over Sane's body. I smiled big when I saw him look towards his father. "Who's that? Is that Daddy?"

"Hey big man." Shawn said rubbing his belly.

Sane immediately burst out in a laughter. I had to record him and Shawn smiling and laughing. I just knew it was making his day so much better.