10

Shawn Carter

"Thank you for your time, Shawn!"

"Thank you!"

I stood up from the press conference table, grabbed my new iPhone X and headed back towards Lauren, who I saw was talking to Beyoncé. I heard she was having a couple interviews here at the Staples Center as well. It's a lot of buzz going around about where she's deciding to play. I know she's overwhelmed.

"Hey!" Lauren greeted me. "I figured we'd go have some lunch since we finally got an afternoon off. Bey said she was gonna follow us."

"Yeah, that's cool." I nodded.

A valet driver came through the door and handed Beyoncé her keys. That's when I followed them out towards our vehicles. Walking behind Beyoncé was an absolute pleasure. Baby girl has always been thick in all the right places.

"Where y'all going?" She asked opening her front door.

"Um...what do y'all have taste for? I'm down for anything."

"I really want me a sub sandwich from The Sub Mansion." Bey said.

"That's good with me." Lauren nodded, I agreed as well.

"Okay, I'll lead the way."

I hope in the back of our truck and Marvin followed. Marvin has been a great assets to all of my needs lately. I'm still working on buying myself a car. Lauren and I have already gotten a house together. As a rookie, I don't want to blow my money. I need to budget my spending and saving for the times I'm going to need it.

We arrived to whatever we were eating and ordered our food. I personally don't know too much here in LA, so every time I eat, it's always something new. I got the same thing Beyoncé had gotten, fixed my cup of water and grabbed us a booth by the window.

I silently said my blessing over my food. The girls hadn't even sat down yet. Lauren came to sit in front of me. What surprised me was Beyoncé taking a seat by me.

"Shawn, do you mind if I get in the inside?"

I shook my head, sliding out behind her.

"You want me to sit on the other side?"

"No, you're fine." She eased back inside the booth, I did the same. "Can you get us some napkins while you're up though?"

I nodded, walking over to the utensil cabinets. I tossed them in the middle of the table and sat back down to bite my sandwich. I looked around, listening to Beyoncé and Lauren talk about things females talk about.

"So," Lauren started. "What's been going on with you two?"

I looked at Bey, "Who?" She asked.

"You and Shawn." Her head motioned.

I didn't say anything. Beyoncé chewed her food, then shrugged her shoulder, "I'm done." She replied.

"Done as in....?"

"Done as in I'm not giving him another chance." She said grabbing her cup, taking a sip.

"Oh." She said.

"I mean I'm right here." I mumbled.

"I have 20/20 vision." She said in a duh tone.

I shook my head, looking off in the distance.