26

Shawn Carter

I dazed in and out of consciousness as I was finally becoming alert. I didn't realize what was going on until I saw the car flipped upside down.

"Fuck." I grunted in pain.

I looked over at Beyoncé who was crying softly while on the phone.

"Yeah, He's awake now. Please hurry." She cried softly. "I'm pregnant. Please!"

"Paramedics should be there in less than a minute, baby girl." I heard the 911 operator say.

"Thank you." She cried, hanging up.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded her head showing me her bloody arm that covering her belly. I looked like it was coming from her arm, but then again it could've very much been the stomach. A wave of nausea ran over my body at the thought of me possibly killing my son. Not only that, my nephew. I looked at the backseat with a quickness.

"Nephew."

He wasn't there.

I noticed the front and back windshield was completely shattered. We had to get out of the car quickly. The adrenaline in my body was causing me to not feel a thing. I got out and ran around to help Beyoncé.

"Move, where is Kam?" She asked.

"I don't know, he's not in the car."

I began looking around as he sound of the ambulance and the police pulled up one after the other. They got out immediately while I continued to look for him. The more I looked and couldn't find him, the more I began to worry and then eventually break down.

"Was anyone else with you both in the vehicle, Mr. Carter?"

"Yes, please. My little nephew. He's not in the car. Please just help me find him." I said going into the trees.

Three others ran in the opposite way.

"Please just find my nephew and say that he's okay." I told him.

"We're gonna find him, okay? I'm calling another ambulance. You can go to the hospital with her if you want to." He said. "We'll stay here and keep looking."

"No, I need to make sure he's okay. Just take care of my girl and and my son. Just make sure they're good, please."

"Okay."

They rushed off with Beyoncé towards the hospital.

Out of curiosity, I decided to check down the small bank that led to a shallow river. I used the flashlight on my phone. I kept going little ways until I saw him. Face down in the water.

"HE'S RIGHT HERE. HE RIGHT HERE!" I yelled running down.

"Shawn, wait. Don't touch him. He could have some trauma to the head that could paralyze him with any wrong movement. Let us do it." A woman said coming down with stretcher.

They held me out the way. I never took my eyes off his lifeless body while the tears streamed down my face.

"Please, nephew." I cried. "Don't do this to me."