3

Shawn Carter
Sunday / June 18, 2017
4 Days until NBA Draft

"Welcome to LA, Shawn!" The driver said. "I'm Marvin. I'll be your driver for the next couple of days. Nice to finally meet you, can I take your bags?"

"Uh yessir! Thank you."

He took my bags to the truck, I waited for my little brothers, Mikey and Rocco to come out the bathroom. They rolled their suitcases to the truck so Marvin can put them in. He introduced himself to them as well. Then we got in the big, black Suburban as well.

"Did you three eat during the flight? Does anyone need to stop anywhere?"

"Yeah, we ate. We're good." I replied.

"Okay, just to inform you, we're looking at about an hour and a half drive to the hotel, where we will drop your things off. From there we'll let you get settled and you can do whatever since you won't have to work until tomorrow."

"Okay!" I nodded.

"For you guys in the back, there's a TV above your heads. It has up to 50 of the most popular TV channels, ESPN, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, you name it. The remote is down here. WiFi password is here and if you just want some peace and quiet, that's cool too. Feel free to make yourselves as comfortable as possible."

"Thanks!" They smiled.

I couldn't help but grin. They don't get to do a lot of this free pampering and traveling. I can't tell you when the last time we've been away from home as a family. Since today is my off day, we're definitely not going to waste it in the hotel room.

Lauren sent me $1200 out of her savings to spend if they don't cover the extra things we want to buy like shoes and clothes. I just kinda hate we'll be having all this fun without L. She literally worked her ass off to save up money for us to do this and we can't be more appreciative.

Montage Beverly Hills Hotel
Arrival / 9:38 AM

Montage Beverly Hills HotelArrival / 9:38 AM

"Wait! This is the hotel?" Rocco asked.

"Yes sir, it is! This is the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel. It's were most rich business men, woman and celebrities stay when they travel. There's security at every entrance and everything is high class. Ready to check in?"

"Yeah." We nodded.

Marvin placed our bags on the rolling cart. Then we followed him inside.

"Last name?" The woman at the front desk smiled.

"Carter." I told her.

"Yes! Here are your room keys to your suite. The information about WiFi, room service, and your stay is on the back of this sheet. If you have any questions or concerns, the front desk number on the bottom right of the page. Enjoy your stay!"