2

Shawn Carter
Saturday / June 17, 2017
5 days until the NBA Draft

"Nigga, you are straight ass." Clarence laughed, falling out on the court.

I chuckled, taking a seat in front of him.

"Shut up, nigga." I said. "I'm already going through enough shit with your sister and this Draft shit.

"I know, man. I'm joking." How you feel though? Mentally? Physically?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Like I'm not built for this like shit everybody says I am. After all the fighting and bullshittin' I've done with your sister and mine, I've lost all my confidence even though I know they're both wanting me to push through 100%."

"Come on, man. They're females." He said. "Plus they want you to follow your dreams. You ain't #1 overall for no reason man. You earned this. You deserve this. This is a big moment for you. You gotta embrace that shit. I know I would."

"I'm trying to embrace it, but....I want your sister to be by my side when I do." I said. "I know I fucked up, but she won't even talk to me on a mutual level."

He shrugged.

"I don't know what to tell you, man. I mean I'm little upset you cheated on her again and she has every right to wanna be with you. I know she loves you though. No doubt about it."

That made me feel a little better.

"You ready to head back to the crib?"

"Yeah." I grunted, standing to my feet. I hopped in the passenger seat of his car. "Your Mom got my fit?"

"Yeah! It's good." He nodded, pulling off. "You know whatchu wearing on draft day? We sitting at less than a week."

"Nah! I'm be fly though. That's why I'm keeping it casual, dressy for my press interviews now so I can go all out with my tux and shoes on Draft Day."

"I see you, man. The good part about that is they're gonna pay for all that shit. The custom suits, the shoes, the watches, everything. It's gone be fun." He said. "I'm excited as well. What we gone eat before we head back home though?"

"It don't matter to me."

We decided on some takeout Mexican food. He drove to Mama Tina and Richard's large home. There were a couple cars in the driveway.

As the draft gets closer, Beyoncé and Clarence's family continue to stay over at their parents' house. Clarence is looking to be drafted 3rd overall in the draft. You know he was being looked at considering who his father is. I'm surprised he wasn't #1. My boy is a baller though and anywhere in the top five is good.

"Hey, how y'all doing?" I asked placing my food on the counter.

"Good!" Everyone smiled.

"Hey Shawn, how you feeling, son!" Richard asked.

"Feeling okay!" I nodded, dapping him up.

"That's good. What have you been up to? I know you're busy with lots of interviews here lately."

"Yeah and that's pretty much it. A bunch of asking and answer the same questions." I chuckled, scratching my head.

Everyone laughed, "Well, yeah! You gotta get used to it though."

"I know." I said taking my food out.

Clare blessed the food and sat on the bar stool adjacent to mine. He turned the TV above our heads to ESPN and cut the volume up. Of course they were talking about me and showing my highlights. I was too busy eating to even pay attention.