15

Beyoncé Knowles

I guided her inside the house and into my room with Lauren and Solange behind me. One of the closed the door, I immediately kneeled down beside my bed and grabbed the box of pregnancy of test. I opened it and pulled out the one that said 'pregnant' in it.

"Beyoncé, what is that?" Her voice cracked.

"Mom, I'm so sorry." I chocked up.

The examined the whole test from every angle. All I could do was continue to cry. The disappointment in my mother's eyes was hard to come by. The tears rolling down her face only made it all worse. What I thought was going to be living hell turned into a more comforting her scare moment.

My mother hugged me and told me everything was gonna be alright.

"You're gonna be fine, baby girl." She wiped my tears. "Stop crying, okay?"

I crawled on my bed and crossed my legs. When I found the ability to calm myself down and talk, my mother was all ears.

"Mom," I started. "Shawn doesn't want this baby."

"What?" She questioned.

"He doesn't want it. He brought me the pregnancy test and told me if it comes out positive I need to get an abortion. I'm not doing that, Ma."

"Nobody's gonna make you do that, baby, but why would he say that?" She asked.

I shrugged, breaking down all over again. "He said I would never understand."

"Why do you think he would say that?"

I shrugged, "I could probably guess and hit the nail on the head." Lauren butted in. "It's only because of the issues with his parents. No, I'm not making excuses for him because this situation should only be motivation for him step up and do what they should've did, but....he just never had the mother and father figures to teach him right from wrong. He's always said he didn't want kids because he thought he wouldn't be a great father. Those were his words."

I somewhat understand the reason, but it's not right.

"I tried my best and I just wanna apologize from the bottom of my heart for the way he's been acting. I tried honestly, but it's been so hard for me these past couple of years." Lauren began to cry softly, continuing to blame herself. Mama went to console her as well.

"It's okay, honey. We know everything that went on with him. I understand why he feels this way, but there has to be some way to sit down and try to talk this out."

"I'm calling Hussle to bring him and my brothers over here so we can talk." Lauren said stepping into the bathroom.

The bedroom door opened and my Dad came inside with Clarence red faced and teary-eyed behind him.

"I already told him so you wouldn't have to." Clare blurted out.

Daddy leaned against the wall with his arms folded one over the other. The room had a disturbing silence. No one said a word. We just exchanged glances back and forth.

"So what are you planning on doing, Beyoncé?" He asked.

"Dad, I don't know." I replied.