14

Beyoncé Knowles

After everything that's been going on with the basketball situation, things just continue to get worse. I woke to the news that my father schedule me an interview with former basketball players and announcers, Jalen Ramsey, Chauncey Billups and Doris Burke. I couldn't just tell him I wasn't doing it cause I didn't want him to know about what happened with Clarence and Shawn. As if the interview was the icing on the cake, turns out he's going to be there with me and I even found out he invited Shawn over for dinner tonight so either way, the truth is coming out sooner than later.

I put my earpiece and mic on, then glanced at my Dad right beside me.

"Welcome to ESPN Sports. I'm Doris Burke here with Chauncey Billips, Jalen Ramsey and Basketball Hall of Famer, the great Mathew Knowles and none other than his beautiful and talented daughter, Beyoncé Knowles. How are you both?"

"We're good and yourself?" He said, I nodded.

"We're amazing. We're so glad to have you two on the show today. There's so much we want to discuss with you, so let's get into it. Chauncey."

"We first gotta get into what was going on at the game last night. I know we shouldn't be so into the family business, but something was definitely going between Shawn and Clarence at the game last night. We were waiting for these two to battle it out on the court. That didn't happen. So what happened?"

"I have no clue, just know it's going to be resolved really soon." Daddy replied.

"Do you think it was like a brotherly thing? We see they were pretty close on Instagram before the draft."

"I don't know. From my understanding, Shawn did or said something he disliked. As I said, I have no details, but I will be finding out soon. I don't know if you will, but I definitely will."

We all laughed.

"Beyoncé, you and Shawn are you dating right? Low key?" He pointed out.

"No, we're no longer together." I replied.

"Oh, maybe it has something do with that. So what about you going on the court to get posterizes by Shawn?" Jalen butted in.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Honestly, the dunk was trash and weak and he definitely would've missed it had I defended it."

"SHOTS FIRED!" He yelled.

We busted out laughing.

"So you two are on good terms as of today?"

"Uh...I don't really talk to him that much anymore so he does him and I do me and we both like it that way." I said.

"Gotcha. Last night, he took the internet about your brother not playing the game. How did you feel about it?"

"I felt like it was disrespectful. It should've never been posted for the world to see and I think that kind of made the whole situation between the two of them become even worse on his part. My brother has been the peacemaker in things and I think he pulled out just keep from starting a brawl with him on the court. He did the right thing and anybody who disagrees can stay mad."

"I hear you there sister." Doris replied. "Well, enough of the brother/boyfriend things. Let's talk about the real reason we were excited to bring you bother here today. Where are you playing? Or should I say, what team are you leaning towards more? Dad or UCONN?"

I'm leaning more towards this pregnancy, I thought in my head.

"Um," I sighed deeply. "I'm still very undecided and I know it's coming close to me having to make a decision, but honestly, it just feels like a lot of pressure on me. I feel like if I choose UCONN everyone is going to hate for not playing for my Dad, but if I choose my Dad, people are going to think it's forced."