1

Beyoncé Knowles
Saturday / June 3, 2017
19 Days until the NBA Draft

I checked my phone to see what time it was. The sound of the faint bounces of Shawn's basketball was right outside my damn window at the top of the morning and I'm just trying to figure out why the hell he's here when we haven't spoken in almost a week.

I've moved on.

"Ugh." I groaned, slinging the covers off.

I headed to the front door and walked outside of my small Houston home to see him shooting some free throws on my half court I got built. For me.

"Shawn, what are you doing?" I asked.

He looked back, then turned his attention back to his free throw.

"Wassup?" He asked shooting the ball, nothing but net.

"Why are you outside my house this early? It's five in the morning." I groaned. "What are you doing?"

"I can't use your goal?"

"I mean you can, but you're kinda loud." I complained. "And I think I would be a little be lenient had you called first."

"Oh." He scratched his head. "Sorry."

It concerned me to see him out so early without Lauren's car and nothing on him but a basketball. I looked down at his wallet and phone on the concrete.

"Why are you here?"

"Just in the neighborhood." He said.

"At five in the morning? What are you doing in the neighborhood at five in the morning?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Nothing much. Just needed some time out the house." He said. "The gym was closed this morning and needed to get some shots up."

He has a whole basketball goal at Lauren's house.

"Okay, well I don't mean to kick you out my yard, but can you go home?" I asked.

He nodded, leaning down to get his belongings. "How you been lately?"

"Fine. Bye."

I sighed, "Look Bey, I know you're still mad at me and I know we're not on speaking terms right now, but I just need someone to talk to. Someone to lean on. I'm not myself without you and you know that." He said. "I haven't been able to think about this basketball shit ever since the game. It's been hard for me to keep my focus on all this."

I shrugged, "I'm sorry!"

"I just want you to know that I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I fucked up. I can't stop thinking about you. I need you." He said.

"I hear you. Goodbye!"

"Bey." He grabbed my arm.

I snatched away, "Am I gonna have to call the cops for you to leave my yard?"

"No, I just wanna talk to you."

"I don't wanna talk to you. I don't wanna hear your fucking apology and I don't wanna hear your fucking excuses. I'm done, Shawn!" I told him.

The two of us stood there making eye contact for what felt like an hour. Neither of us moved a muscle.

"Aight. Can I have a couple dollars for some food." He said, I didn't reply. "Please!"

"Where is Lauren?"

"At home. She been working a lot. She told me she didn't have any extra money. I just need a couple dollars. I'mma pay you back." He said.