Chapter 7

Is he going to pick me up today after what happened yesterday?

Will he?

I have avoided all my family since I arrived home from school yesterday. They don't need to see me cry and become worried. They don't need to see the bags under my eyes from loss of sleep and get worried. They don't need to take one look at me and think I had gone backwards.

They don't.

The time struck seven-thirty and I sighed before picking myself up, off the couch and out the front door. I might as well start walking.

Today I had on simple black jeans and my Led Zeppelin shirt with converse, my usual make up and hair down, in my face.

No one needs to see me.

I had a few missed calls from Logan and 189 texts and calls from Valarie. I think she knows.

My earphones were in my ears, blasting Fall Out Boy's 'My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark' as I walked the memorised path to school. The music was cranked up to the maximum volume my ears would allow and I didn't hear the person behind me. Meaning I didn't feel them tap me of the shoulder.

With a jolt, I jumped backwards, ready to kick my attacker's ass when I saw who is was and took out an earphone.

"Oh, hey. Sorry," I say. He smiles a small smile at me.

"That's fine. Are you catching a ride with me or walking?" He asked, challenging. I huffed with a smile and made my way to his motorbike in response. He smirked and handed me the helmet.

I felt as if I should hate Josh. He was a jerk to me yesterday but me being me, I forgave easily. Many people think that I hold grudges; that is not true in he least. In fact, I forgive to easily and it hurts me. It is one of my many flaws.

As I sat on Josh's motorboke, my arms wrapped around him and my helmet pressed into his back, I felt quite at peace. I forced my mind to be blank and just enjoy the feel of the wind pulling my hair gently and the feeling of flying as you flew down the street.

When we arrived at school, Valarie immediately made her way over to me.

"Thanks," I say to Josh, hopping off the bike as he grabbed my helmet. He grunted in response and handed me my shoulder bag. I took it from him and faced Valarie. Before I could say anything, I was engulfed by her arms and her scent of Britney Spears perfume.

"I heard what happened," she whispered. "Don't worry about Riley, she'll come around. I know what it's like to be at the base of Mariam's evil fucking schemes." I think that was the first time I heard Valarie swear. I pulled away, giving her an odd look before a greatful smile.

"Thanks," I look down at my shoes and fidget with the scar on my left hand.

"That's a nasty scar. What happened?"

Fuck. I'm not ready for this.

"Erm..." Quick, think, Arva. "I fell off my bike."

"Oh." Valarie frowned. "Must have been a bad fall."

"Yeah, it was on rocks," I quickly added. Great, now she definitely knows you're lying. I sighed. "Let's go to class."

"Right behind you," Val grumbles. "I have physics. I'll see you in two periods."

"Bye," I say, making my way to art. When I made it to the Poseidon floor, I quickly made a dash to my locker (which was painted blue in celebration for our faction) before making my way to the art classroom. I sat in my seat at the back of the class, setting up my things before looking up at the door and recieving a sense of deja vu. Josh was glaring at me before making his way to the desk on the left of me as I was in the back, right desk. I don't know what he has but i'm going to diagnose him as bipolar.