Chapter 26

The last few weeks of school continued to go agonisingly slow. With not much to learn and the teachers giving us worksheets that skimmed the surface of next year's topics, all the students seemed to give up. I know I slacked off with homework (I did it but I did it the night before it was due...).

Every fucking night was a new story, however. When I continued to have dreams about Josh back in Australia, it makes it very hard to look at him in the eye but when he isn't looking, it makes it very hard to look away.

Let's just say that in the past one and a half weeks, i've done more staring than that dude on that Deadly60 show back in Australia.

It was the last day of school and to celebrate, Valarie and Riley are going to come over after school. They're planning to go home, shower and all that jazz before coming to mine at five-thirty. Having showered when I first arrived home and in the midst of cooking dinner - a simple stir fry - I decided that now would be a good time to do the holiday's homework. 

I had finished a few pages of a math assignment, all the French questions and was beginning an essay about Hamlet when someone rang my bell. Considering it was Uncle Will's house and he had a key, it wasn't him. My brothers also had a key. Logan doesn't have a clue where I live... I don't think and Josh and I haven't talked since his slip up at the family game night. My best guess is that it's Valarie or Riley who came early to talk or help me out with dinner.

You can imagine the look on my face when it was neither of the two. 

"Hi," I say to him.

"Hey," He replies, looking as smooth as ever. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologise."

"You've already done that," I argue.

"I know but you haven't forgiven me."

"Just because you apologised doesn't mean I have to forgive you," I reply sternly.

"But it doesn't mean you don't have to, also," He says with a cheeky grin.

"Don't get cheeky with me, West. I can slam this door and have nothing to do with you for a month," I threaten.

"But you wont," He says.

"What makes you think that?" I play with my keys in the lock to prove a point.

"Because you like me."

I force my face to remain emotionless. "Like hell I do. Now get off my lawn. The stench of asshole is making it wilt." 

"I'm not on you're lawn," He defends, that stupid, arrogant smirk still on his face. 

"I'm going to shut this fucking door on you, West if you don't get to the point."

"If you were going to, you would have done it already." 

So I slammed the door in his face and began walking away. 

"Oh come on, Arva. Open the door, I was just fooling around with you."

The guy behind my front door, he was Australia-Josh. Dream-Josh. Not London-Josh. Jerk-Josh. 

I hate it.

"Go away, Josh," I call out to him and I begin to make my way up the stairs slowly. I didn't just want to leave him like this. He was right; I did like him. But he's being and asshole and the only reason I would go back is because my parents taught me to be respectful. In this particular situation, I was not.