Chapter 6

I wore pretty much what Valarie picked out for me the next day but I changed the Led Zeppelin shirt to a black tank top.

This time, when Josh came to pick me up, I was running a bit behind. I had exercised a lot this morning and I was in a lot of pain, to say the least. So when I heard Josh's footsteps walking up to the door, I ran as fast as I could (which was very slow considering I did 1000 squats this morning) and opened the door before he could ring the bell.

Finally, I saw his face.

My god his beauty was not exaggereated.

"Hey," I say, slightly out of breath. "Sorry I didn't make it to the door in time, I was in a bit of a rush." Josh stared down at me, his lips pursed and face expressionless. I continues to stare into his gorgeous brown orbs. I didn't notice until now how close we were and I could see little flecks of blue and green in his eyes. His perfectly messy hair, sharp jawline and outrageously good body didn't make a good mixture for my ovaries. I swear they are currently non-existent.

"That's fine," He finally says, turning around and walking back to his motorbike.

His voice! Oh his voice, it's like an angel sent him.

I turned around and mouthed 'wow' to myself, my eyes wide as I closed the front door.

Holy mother of wow.

"Nice house by the way," He says just before putting on his helmet.

"Thanks, it's my uncle's," I say, raising my forearm in a uncaring manner. He chuckled and I look up into his face which is half covered by a helmet. This is when I realise how tall he is. He must be at least six-foot-three! "I'm Addie by the way," I say, holding out my hand. He shakes my hand firmly, his eyes questioning me. His hands were rough, the hands of someone who worked a lot. He was more of a physical, hands-on person than intelligent. 

"Josh."

He hands me my helmet, an average black one, and takes my bag to put it in a compartment under the seat.

"Thanks," I thank him before putting on my helmet. He nods once and hops onto his motorbike. I follow suit and wrap my arms around him with no hesitation. I aint missing a second of this heaven.

The trip to school was much like the first, quiet (although we can't exactly talk in the middle of our ride) but comfortable. It was odd just how comfortable I was around him. It was obvious how long it took for me to warm up to friends after what happened back in Australia but with Josh, there seemed to be an exception.

This is so cliché.

Never mind.

This time, however, when I arrived at school, Valarie was no where to be seen. I hopped off the motorbike - as did Josh - before he took off my helmet for me, placing it in the compartment and handing me my bag.

"Sorry... I was a bit slow..." I drag on, feeling embarassed and guilty that I was so slow at taking off my helmet that he had to do it for me.

"Oh no! It was my fault, it's sort of like a... habit. I often take my sister for rides and I do it jokingly, y'know?" He asks before taking off his own helmet.

So he sees me like a little sister?

There goes all hope of dating him...

Oh c'mon, Arva! You've known this guy for two seconds! Control Yourself!

"Yeah," I say, although I really don't. "Thanks for the ride. Guess I'll see you later?"

Josh smiles a gorgeous smile but I know a smile when it's been perfected time and time again. His smile was fake.