Chapter 30

"Man, I'm so fucking glad I came tonight," Valarie yells over the music, her arms in the air as she dances to 'Twin Skeletons' by Twin Skeletons - a tribute band to Fall Out Boy. 

"I'm sure you are," I laugh and dance with her. Riley and Bale were dancing together not far from us and Logan was with a girl  not far from them. Josh, however, was not to be seen. Not that I care. 

"Y'know, you should probably talk to Josh," She yells.

"Why?" I act confused.

"We both know you like him and we both know he's being a jerk and he likes you but he's not talking to you," She continues to yell as the song changes to 'Phoenix'.

The concert was outside and as usual UK weather, it was freezing. The dancing certainly helped along with my leather jacket I had on over a black mid-drift and a short black and white striped skirt. I was dressed up for myself. 

"He doesn't like me," I yell, turning away from Valarie. 

"Oh yes he does."

"Doesn't, he said so!" Truth be told, I can't remember when he told me. If he did.

"Maybe but that doesn't mean it's true," she continues to yell. I don't respond but rather keep dancing. 

"I'm going to get a drink," I yell and walk over the the few tables set up on the lawn. "Can I please have a sprite," I say to the bartender. The music was quieter over here. I didn't have to yell. The bartender nods and turns away. I do the same, watching the hundreds of people dance and sing to good music.

"It's a nice night, a'int it." I turn to the guy. 

"It's not bad. Cold, but not bad."

"Yeah, you're Australian, that's why. 'Gets bloody hot down under," He says. 

"Sure does. Thirty-five degrees is nothing," I smile. The guy had curly brown hair and a dimply smile. No, not Harry Styles. Possibly cuter? 

"Oh I know. My brother lives in Melbourne. I stayed with him for a year while travelling the world. Jesus it gets so fucking hot."

Irish.

"Oh I know. Lived there until last September."

"Why the change of scenery?"

"Australia's bland," I answer honestly but not completely. My drink finally arrived. I payed and took a sip straight away. 

"Apart from the beaches, I might have to agree with you." It was then he looked familiar.

"What did you say your name was?" I ask.

"Never did. Jackson Burne," Jackson held out his hand and I shook it. I freaking know this dude. 

"Addie," is all I say. "You said you stayed with your brother while travelling. You were travelling the world because of the surfing championships. You were in my brother Jayden's year."

"Jayden Shawn? Sure was. Good guy he was. Very... smart mouthed."

"Yeah," I agree. "What brings you here?"

"Surfing. You're right, it's bloody freezing but there's some big waves. The wind's not bad for it." I nod in agreement. I don't know anything about surfing. 

"We're not far from London. Maybe you want to catch up with Jay sometime?" I offer.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind that," He says, taking a sip from his drink. 

"Jackson!" 

Ah fuck.

"Josh! My man, there you are. Josh, this is-"