Chapter 17

It's Sunday and I surprised myself by sleeping in until six thirty.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Tyson says when I walk into the kitchen. He was sitting on the bar stool, hunched over his phone as he texted someone. However, he was smiling at me. I just stared at him from the bottom of the stairs.

"Fine, Sleeping Ugly." I continued to stare at him.

"Your jokes just keep getting worse," I say, walking over to the fridge and taking out some milk before getting a mug and pouring some steaming coffee. I'm so grateful for my Italian coffee machine. I can't live without it. I kiss to machine before quickly pulling away.

It's still hot.

"Did you just kiss the espresso machine?" Tyson questioned me. I nod. "Did you burn your lips?" I nod and take a sip of my coffee. Tyson bursts out laughing, smacking his hand on the table. "Shit, you can be stupid at times."

"Only in the morning," I correct him. He just rolls his eyes, a smile still on his lips.

"How's Josh?" Tyler asks.

"He's good. Why?" I question suspiciously. Tyson just shrugs, not looking up from his phone.

"Just wondering. He's a good kid."

"I know," I reply. I grab an apple and a tub of yoghurt before making my way to my room. I open my laptop and continue on with my biology and economics homework.

-

Does Josh think i'm a try-hard?

Did he let me win yesterday?

He must of... he's too good for me to win...

And I was rubbing the fact that I won in his face.

I need coffee.

When I finish my homework, I make myself some more coffee and settle with cleaning my room. I was still in my pyjamas and had cleaned out my entire wardrobe, drawers and desk when the doorbell rang. I shook it off, thinking it was Haz or someone.

"Arva! Josh is here!" I froze.

Shit.

I'm not dressed. I haven't done my make up. I didn't shower this morning.

I don't have a bra on for god sakes!

"I'll be a minute!" I call out, running around my room changing and tidying things up. Then I remembered...

Josh doesn't come into girl's rooms.

So I ditch cleaning my room and change into blue jeans, a Captain America shirt, a bra (obviously) and I take my hair out of my not-so-tumblr messy bun. I stare at myself in the mirror and contemplate doing my make up.

Fuck it he can see me in all my ugliness.

I run down the stairs and jump down the last two, landing on both feet.

"Hey, man." I greet him, smiling. Josh turns and my breath almost caught at his good looks.

Stupid Arva, you've been here for three months. You can't like a guy in that time!

Or you could have a slight crush on them...

"Hey, how're ya goin'?"

"Good, good. What's up?" Tyson, who was talking to Josh when I walked in, now leaves the room.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go see a movie or something?" He asked so casually. Too casually for it to be a date.

"Sure. When and which one?" I ask.