Chapter 4

4:30

It was four-thirty in the morning. 

On a Monday.

Sighing, I fell out of bed and onto the floor, the covers on top of me. 

"Why don't I ever sleep in?" I groan to myself. After a few minutes by myself on the ground, it was time to get up. 

For the first day of school, I must look good. So, I pick out a nice, white skirt and dark blue top along with underwear, of course. 

When I finally figured out the shower knobs, the heat and warmth of the water rolling down my tense muscles from yesterday's run felt amazing. The water loosened up my body and I was most definitely more relaxed than I was before.

Maybe I could go back to bed...

Nah.

Don't want to re-live... it.

Sighing, I turned off the shower and had to fiddle with the remote to open the door. Eventually, I did and mentally memorised the way. I wonder if my brothers are having a big of a problem as I am?

As I was wrapped in my towel, I pressed the button for the misty steam to be drained out, followed by the botton that would control the wipers to pop out and clean the fogged-up mirror. 

I should really do my make up now and not risk dirtying my white skirt. 

First, I put on some concealer under my eyes for the permanent bags followed by a heap of mascara.

Mascara is my life saver. With out it, I have no idea where I would be.

As I removed the towel, I tried to not pay much attention to the scar on my stomach but my eyes couldn't help but stare. It was completely flat and smooth but the skin... It was wrinkly and shiny and most clearly evident on my left side. 

I blinked away tears and tore my eyes from my stomach to finish getting dressed. Once that was finished, it was onto my bag and finally, making my way downstairs. 

As usual, I blended together a green smoothie, gulped it down while reading James Dashner's 'Scorch Trials'. 

"Arva?" I turned to face my uncle, a fake smile on my face. "Hey, mornin'. Erm, could you let your two brothers - the youngest two - that a cab has been called and will pick you and themselves up from here and take you to school and bring you back? Thanks. Now, I'm sorry, kid, but I have to go now. A client wants me in early." Uncle Will dashed around the kitchen, packing his lunch and other things before ruffling my hair and making his way out the front door.

I continued to read for another hour before making my way upsatirs, brushing my teeth, and making my way back downstairs.

"How's my favourite little sister?" Tyson cooed from the centre bench. 

"Ty, I'm your only sister," I reply with a roll of my eyes. "Tell Jayden that a taxi will pick you two up and take you to school and pick you up from school. Stop eating the green apples!" 

Tyson stopped mid bite and glared at me. He also soon found out that I was already glaring at me therefore making this a staring competition. 

I won!

"Good bye," I say, picking up my bag and making my way to the front door. 

"Wait! How are you getting to school?" I heard Jayden. 

"I'm walking." There's no way I am getting in a car when I didn't need to. 

"Be safe," Scott says. When I turn around, all four of my brothers are staring at my retreating figure.