Chapter 21 - Part 1

Friday rolled around much too quickly. I had been stressing over math tests, English essays, Art that needed to be handed in and a French introduction that I had been completely oblivious to the posters on every locker in the school.

I was so relieved it was Friday, I was collapsed in bed, bathing in the sunlight and the fact I only had a week of school left.

When the doorbell rang.

"You get it!" Jayden calls out. It's only he and I home. I could hear him bouncing the basketball on the walls of his room. That was no doubt the reason he is unable to reach the door. Before making my way downstairs, I peek out the window of my room that faces the front of the house, seeing the familiar green buggy. I wonder why Val's over.

When I open the front door, I remember why.

Valarie and Riley were standing in my front door, their wet hair pinned back by big clips, face blank of makeup and in their dressing gowns with, what looks to be, no clothes on underneath.

"Who is it?" Jayden asks, walking out from the kitchen. It was clear that the first thing he noticed was chest. Valarie and Riley covered up immediately.

"I thought you said no one was going to be home," Riley says, slightly panicked.

"I don't recall saying that but if it makes you feel any better, even I didn't know he was home. I completely forgot tonight was the river cruise!"

"Well it is, come on we have to get ready!" Valarie says, gently pushing past me with her classy walk. She, however, made sure to knock Jayden pretty hard with her very big makeup bag. He looked at me with fake hurt in his eyes, waiting for me to back up a perverted teenage boy. I just gave him a look that said 'You deserve it'. It's his fault he chose not to control his hormones.

I took items from the both of them and helped them carry everything to my room. They gently laid their dresses and jewellery on my bed and their shoes on the floor beside them. Valarie made her way to my closet and did the same for my dress and shoes.

She clapped her hands once and said; "Let's do this."

And so it begun...

I took a shower while the girls began blow drying their hair. I had washed mine this morning so i didn't bother washing it again. When we were done, I straightened my hair, Riley tightly curled her hair and Valarie loosely curled her hair. We then changed into our dresses and put our dressing gowns over the dress, taking a risk of getting makeup on our dress.

Val went all out with her make up. Although she put a lot on, she didn't look cakey. The make up was her skin colour and the silver smokey eye went perfectly with her tight, silver dress.

Riley only did a bit of her make up. She accentuated her eyes with gold eyeshadow and mascara and a bit of lipgloss. She didn't need to do much with her face because natural beauty is on her side.

Me however, I went all out like Valarie. Concealer, foundation, powder, contour, blush, eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and a nude lipstick so my green eyes were the focus. I kept the colours neutral so my face wasn't over done.

By the time we were finished, my heart was beating quickly and I was already excited. It wasn't prom so we wont have a limo come a pick us up however, Val's punch buggy did the job.

We put on our shoes, fixed our hair, put our bags on our shoulders and a jacket for later on our arm, one after another, we walked down the stairs in heels to the kitchen. Jayden was leaning against the counter, on the phone. When he saw us, he said goodbye and hung up before wolf-whistling.