Chapter 19

As soon as I arrived at Waterlake, I thanked Josh and quickly made my way to Valarie's little, green buggie. Mariam exited the car and I shoved the helmet in her direction before taking Valarie and Riley's hand and dragging them into the shopping centre. Valarie just had time to lock her car before we disappeared into the building, Bale following behind.

It took four stores until Riley found a dress and seven for Valarie. By the fourteenth store, I was beyond exhausted. No more shopping after a game ever again. How do the boys have enough energy to have sex?

Well, with the amount of food they eat...

"What about this one?" Riley picked out. 

"It's cute but I want sophisticated sexy... Do you get what I mean?" She nods and continues searching.

"This one." I say, showing the girls. Their eyes widened and the two nodded eagerly. I disappear into a change room to try it on. Seconds later, I open the door to show it off. Bale stops mid-chew of his burger and stares at me.

"Yes," He says, mouth full. I turn to the girls. 

"I love it!" Riley says. 

"Looks like we're buying it," Valarie says with fake disappointment. I smile and turn back into the dressing room. I buy the gorgeous dress and the four of us leave Waterlake, a large smile on each of our faces. "I'll call Josh to pick you up," Val tells me, adjusting her bags to search for her phone in her purse.

"Don't worry about it, I'll walk home. Can I grab my stuff from your boot?" I take my gym bag from Val's car and shut the boot. When I turn to say goodbye, Val was on the phone.

"You're on your way? Great. OK, see you." She hangs up. "Josh is on his way." I just stare at her.

"Why'd you do that?" I question her.

"Walking home will take about an hour and you just walked around Waterlake for two hours after a darn soccer match. You're exhausted." As if the word triggered it, I felt my body sag a bit.

"Fine. Only because he's on his way. I really have to start paying him for petrol," I tell them. Valarie smiles in victory while the others chuckle at my joke. 

They waited with me for fifteen minutes, until Josh arrived. "Thank you for bringing me along," I thank Val, hugging her. 

"No problem, love. Anytime. Wanna go shopping next Saturday? Your shelves aren't full," She says with a smile. 

"Sounds great," I agree.

"Thanks for today," I say to Riley, hugging her too. 

"No worries. We have to do it another time."

"We do."

"Thanks for putting up with us, with me," I say to Bale. He chuckles. 

"You know me, get me food and i'm happy." I smile at him, knowing it's true. I go on my tip toes to hug him over the shoulders as i'm so used to doing. It was proven difficult with his height but he bent down and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Jesus, how tall are you?"

"I'm not Jesus, Addie but i'm flattered that you even compared me to him." I gave him a pointed look. "But i'm six foot five."

"Crap, you're massive!"

"Tell me about it."

"Alrighty, I'll see you on Monday."

"Will do, Bye." I wave and make my way to Josh who was waiting patiently on his bike. He handed me my black helmet. I smiled and put it on, my bag slung over my shoulder. I wave as Val's buggie drives away and we follow shortly after.