Chapter 8

"I don't wanna go to school," I mumbled into my pillow.

"C'mon Arva, what's wrong? I know something is up, I'm your brother," Noah replies, being persistent.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm just so tired," I respond, still not turning to face him.

"C'mon Awa, why don't we have a day off?" Tyson said in a baby voice, using the name he used to use when we were little. I gave him a devious smile.

"No! Tyson! It's the last day for the week and it's only first week!" Noah argued.

"C'mon, No-No. Let loose, you can take the day off as well and we can go out for ice cream and stuff," Tyson adds. I look at Noah for approval. He looked back at me and I saw exactly what was going through his head.

What if they miss out on something important in school?

What if she goes backwards though?

fuck it.

Yeah, I swear... in my head.

"Okay," He says, finally.

Scott had the day off work, Noah didn't attend any of the two University lectures (he already knew everything) and Jayden, Tyson and I had the day off school. Although it took a lot of convincing from Scott, he allowed us the day off.

Yes!

Once Uncle Will left, they hopped into Scott's new car and he drove them to the fair. It didn't take me long to walk. Ten minutes tops.

Call me deprived but i've never been to a fair and nor have my brothers. I was practically skipping the whole way there, all problems lost in the excitement of a fair.

Once I spotted them, ran to the entrance. "Hi, i'm Kelsey how many tickets?" A brunette bimbo battered her eyelashes at Scott.

Ew, leave my brother alone.

"Five please. Three students and two adult," He responded, taking no mind to her flirting.

"Sure! Your taking your family to the fair? That's so cute. I love your accent! You're American... right?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. Tyson noticed and smiled at me, fake gagging, pointing down his throat.

"Yeah, these are my siblings. I'm actually Australian. Now, I don't mean to be rude or anything but can you please put in our tickets because you are holding up the line and we really want to get in." I sighed in relief at what Scott said. Kelsey looked a bit taken aback but she kept the smile on her face.

"Sure, that would be 190 pounds but i'll give it to you for 100." She says, handing him the tickets.

"Oh no, I couldn't do that." Poor, poor Scott should have taken the offer to get in cheap.

"Then maybe... do me a favour?" She asked, seductively. I rolled my eyes again. Do these people actually exist? She has to be an actor!

"Alrighty! Let's go. Thank you but no thank you, on behalf of my brother of course. Bye Kelsey!" I take the tickets, give her a hundred and push Scott out of there.

"Why did you do that?" Scott asked. I shrugged and ran off to the closest game: Go Fish!

"Hey, hey, hey. You forgot to take your money," Scott said, handing me 100 pounds. Grateful, I took it from him and kissed him on the cheek, making a mental note to pay him back.

"Want to play, miss?" The man running the stand asked. I nodded, smiling. "That's Two pounds." I apologetically gave him the hundred he gave me 98 pound back and a rod. "You want duck number four," He added. I looked at the many ducks bobbing in the small pool and reached the rod to hook it into one of them.