Chapter 24

It's very hard to believe exams are over. Nothing, all done for this semester. No more exams or extra stress. Ok, let's be honest here, i'm going to stress about the exams we have to take next May and any work in between, including soccer. 

The dreams haven't stopped. There are so many of Josh that I feel like a creep. I'm dreaming about a boy from school that i've only known for four and a half months. 

"Addie?" Val interrupts my thoughts.

"Hm?" I ask.

"I asked you when you're free to go shopping for prom?"

"We just had a river cruise. When's prom?" I ask, confused. 

"Prom is in February next year. We have roughly two months to go dress shopping. It's a lot more important than the river cruise so I suggest we start now."

"Well I learnt from last time not to go after a game. I was exhausted," I say, eating a date and looking across the lunch table at Josh. Those haunting green eyes. 

"So no Saturdays. Maybe Sundays? We'll have plenty of time during summer holidays. I can't believe that we've finished our exams for the year but we can go home! We have two more weeks!"

"Yeah, I think it's ridiculous. Like we went through two agonising weeks of exams, working our asses off but we have to work continuously until summer break," Logan agrees. He's sitting next to Riley so she doesn't speak much.

"It's not too bad. Only two weeks, nine school days not including today. It's not too bad," I say, avoiding eye contact with the boy across the table from me. 

"Arva's right. It shouldn't be too bad. I mean, we're learning stuff for next year so it can't hurt to do extra."

"You're a sponge," Logan says, jokingly. "You soak up all the fun."

"Yeah I can't say I agree with you two. I want to get out of this hellhole," Valarie agrees. She thinks for a moment. "Hey, Josh?"

"Yeah?" 

"Why are you the only one who calls Addie 'Arva'? I mean I know her name is Arvada so both nicknames make sense but we call her Addie, you don't." She has a point. I look to Josh, curious about the answer.

"I don't know," He says, smoothly. "I heard her brothers calling her Arva and like it better than Addie. It's more unique.

"I don't think you can get more unique than Arva," Logan mumbles.

"What's got your balls tied in a knot?" Bale asks Logan as he sits down with a burrito.

"Two weeks of school," Logan mumbles before resting his head on his arms, trying to sleep.

"Are you that tired?" I ask him.

"Mhm," He replies, shifting around a bit to be more comfortable.

"Well, we have five minutes until class. We should go," Josh says. I agree by nodding my head. Josh and I have Art next so we walked to the top level rather than the second level where the others would be going.

"So, have you thought about who you're going to Prom with?" Oh my god will he ask me? It definitely would not be horrible to have the bad boy of St Christopher high take me to prom. And he already has the motorbike!

"Nah, i've got two months to worry about that. I'll think about it after these two weeks," I say, putting my books for the next period on a desk on the side, Josh following suit. "What about you?" I ask, smoothly.

"Same as you, I'm not fussed going alone, either," He says. I couldn't help but be disappointed. "Can you dance?" He asks me as we set up our canvases and paints.