Chapter 1

"C'mon Ara, everything with be fine," Scott says to me as he takes his seat on my left. Next he turns to Noah who was on his left, on the other side of the isle. He mumbles something to Noah who nods in response and continues writing his essay for Oxford.

I traced the scar on my left wrist, created from a shard of glass. Beside me, Scott sighed. "You have to get over your fear of moving cars, okay? That accident was an unfortunate one-time thing," he says.

"An unfortunate one-time thing that killed mum and dad and now we are going to live in London with god knows who," I snap at him, trying to keep myself calm and not throw up.

Again, Scott sighs. "We can't help that." He reaches into his bag under the seat in front of him and hands me a toffee lolly to suck on so my ears don't block up. He pops one into his mouth just as the Captain comes on the P.A. and we start to take off.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I wait for the plane to become horizontal all the while my right hand gripping onto my left wrist and my left hand gripping onto my left rib which was now a large scar.

"Just breathe, Arva. Breathe and suck," Jayden says, trying to lighten the mood.

"Not helping!" I yell out to him. He and Tyson laugh at my response and the next thing I know, we're horizontal to the ground below.

"Twenty-one more hours," Noah informs me. I sigh and bring out my book of 'The Maze Runner,' preparing for the long flight.

-

"No. No. Are we crashing? Please God, please," I whisper to myself.

"Shh, Ara. We're landing. We're safe. You've been on a plane before," Scott comforted me. With a jolt, we landed and I gave out a scream. Finally, we came to a stop and I opened my eyes. "See? We're fine," Scott smiled at me. I let out a shaky breath and stood up weakly.

"Hey, lil sis. Ya good?" Jayden questioned. I nodded and breathed in and out, in and out, trying to calming my nerves.

"Yeah," I say. "Fine." Jayden continues to smile at me before turning away and picking up his bag, allowing me to walk in front of him to exit the death plane.

Once on solid ground, I thanked the lord before I looking around. Everything was completely different. The buildings, the people, the culture. I don't know if it's a good kind of different; I don't know if I like it or not.

Noah came up beside me and smiled down at me. He pushed his glasses on his nose more before leading me to the luggage pick-up. We found our limited suitcases and carried them outside where I was in awe.

"Cool isn't it?" Tyson asked me.

"Yeah," I breathed.

"Of course it is! I can't believe I was against it before," Jayden says. Tyson and I turn to my brunette brother to find him smiling down at a blonde girl who smirked at him as she walked past. He then looked at us, his blue eyes bright. I shook my head at him, an eyebrow raised as Tyson chuckled at him.

"Yo! Bro! Get in!" He says. I guess the place may change but the people will not. I don't know how they're acting so normal when our parents aren't even alive.

We turned to Scott who hopped into a eight-seater taxi. Tyson followed behind him and Jayden hopped in the front. As usual, Noah was kind and made me enter the car before him although I was very hesitant and required some persuasion. I trust my brothers.

Scott informed the driver of our new home's location and we were off. As we sat in the car, I took in the view of the foreign city - and tried very hard to keep calm doing my breathing techniques - as my brothers played childish games.