Chapter 28

The whole point of this little cavern room is to relax. That is exactly what the three of us were doing today. I have three thick books in my travel bag ready for me to read, Riley has her laptop and headphones where she was making 'wicked beats' as Valarie referred to her talent and Val had probably a stack of twenty magazines beside her. We were set for the day.

"Anyone want tea?" Riley sighed, putting her headphones around her neck and leaning back into the couch. 

"Yes please," Valarie and I both reply. There was a pause for a few seconds before Val added, "Could you also bring some medication? It's in my bag - I'm not feeling the best."

"What's wrong?" I ask her, concerned.

"I don't know, I have a really bad headache and i'm a bit woozy," She says, frowning and turning back to her magazine. 

"That's no good, hope you feel better soon," Riley says and I agree. 

We continue with our relaxing, doing what we want, watching movies and sipping tea. It was the afternoon and the three of us were planning to go out.

"So we'll go to Fortune?" Riley asks, looking at restaurants for dinner.

"Ohh yeah, Chinese buffet, I could do that," I agree. Beside me, Valarie moans. 

"That doesn't sound good to me. I'm really not feeling well. I think i'll head to bed. You two go, bring me back some steamed veggies. I'll eat when I wake up." She pries herself from the couch and hobbles slowly in the direction of her and Riley's rooms. 

"Are you sure, Val. We can stay and take care of you," Riley looks between me and her worryingly. I nod at Riley, informing her that I agree. 

"No, no. You guys go to Fortune. I just really need sleep," She moans in reply.

"Okay, hope you feel better. Riley can sleep with me tonight so she doesn't interrupt you," I say.

"I will," She mumbles before shutting the door to the room and I hear her collapse on the bed.

A few hours later, Riley and I were ready to depart the cabin and walk to Fortune. There was a lot of attraction to the cabins we were staying at due to everything being in a ten minute walking distance but the cabins were individually secluded so you wouldn't have to interact with humans if you didn't want to.

The nights were bustling with many people. There were tourists, students from other parts of the UK like ourselves and elderly people who had lived in the towns for decades. The whole atmosphere was exciting and energetic. I felt sorry Valarie had to miss out on all the lights, markets, restaurants and street performers. 

We arrived at Fortune and the first thing you notice is the red. There were intricate red and gold dragons painted across the walls and at the back, on the stage, asian men and women were dancing, acting as dragons as their bodies and smiles moved with the traditional music. The whole atmosphere was so welcoming. Riley and I shared enthusiastic smiles.

"Welcome to Fortune. May I see some ID?" A woman with a kind smile and menus smiled at us. I returned the smile and dug into my bag to find my wallet. 

"Shit, Riley, I left my purse back at the cabin," I complain.

"That's OK, I'll pay for you," She assures me.

"I'm sorry miss, but we have to see you're both at least sixteen years old. We've had issues with people younger in the past," The woman adds. I almost groan. I mean, seriously? 

"Ok, I'll run back to the cabin, it's not far. Do you want to find a table and order? I'll be back in ten minutes."

"We can go somewhere else -."