Chapter 21 - Part 2

"Oh, Logan," I sigh. "You only like me because i'm the shiny new toy. That's if you really like me at all; you're drunk."

"And I know you don't like me back. You like Josh. It's so plainly obvious," He continues as if I hadn't said anything. 

"Lo, I don't like Josh. He's a good friend and mentor but I don't like him," I try to explain but he was looking behind me. I turn to see Josh's back walk downstairs. So he did come tonight.

"He heard you," Logan says, solemnly. 

"Does it matter?" I ask, my mind working in over-drive.

"Yes."

"He doesn't like me, I don't like him. We're friends," I say confused. Logan's stare bores into my very soul as he begins to lean closer to me. "Lo, that doesn't mean you can kiss me," I say, pulling my face away. He swallows, not moving.

"I know," He says simply and stumbles over to one of the vacant seats. 

"I'm surprised there's not anyone else out on the balcony. It's so nice tonight," I say, changing the subject and taking a seat beside him. 

"It's an excuse to get drunk and dance with people they usually wouldn't dance with. Tonight there's no such thing as cool kids and nerds. Every dances and everyone is happy," He replies. "That's why no ones out here."

"Did you want to return?" Maybe he's just out here to keep me company and he doesn't actually want to be here.

"No. I prefer it out here." Whew. We sat in silence, watching the lights from the city gently pass by. "What's the time?" He asks. I check my phone.

"Nine-thirty."

"We have another hour and a half," He states. I nod. 

"Don't move, i'll be right back," I say to him.

"I can't without your assistance, remember?" He says sadly. I pause before making my way back inside. It was odd seeing Logan so sad. It takes a moment for me to realise why. It was my fault. I don't like him back. But does he really like me? Or does he like me because I'm out of reach? Or because i'm the shiny new toy? 

Shaking all thoughts from my head, I find my water bottle and ask one of the caterers to fill it for me. It takes a few minutes and I kept glancing outside to see if Logan was still there. He was. He just kept staring out to the water, unmoving. I probably shouldn't have left him out there. He could fall in.

As soon at the waiter returned my bottle, I rushed outside, only calming down when I was seated beside him. 

"Here, you better keep hydrated. Don't drink it all at once. You'll be sick again and I don't think I have enough mints for that," I joke with him. He smiles.

"Thanks," He says, taking the bottle from me. "You're too good to me." He stands up and pours some water in his mouth, gargling it and spitting it into the river. I was cautious and watched his every action as he did this. To my relief, he sits down and continues to drink from the bottle. We were silent for a bit before he spoke up. "I know i'm going to regret telling you tomorrow," He says. 

"Will you remember?" I ask, a playful smile on my face to lighten the mood.

"Of course, I always remember." I smile gently. 

"In that case; I'm sorry I don't like you Logan. You're a great guy. So kind, funny, playful and you do a great job lightening any mood. Your jokes and innuendoes are the best. I love how you're always so happy and you accept people for who they are. You see the best in them and i'm so grateful for that because at times I feel like there isn't anything good about me but I just turn to you and you make me so happy." He was staring at me with that look again and it's so hard to look away from his such intense gaze.